Rovers v Pars ..2nd Jan if COVID allows

Just hope that anyone who is lucky enough to get a ticket for Sunday busts a gut giving the team every bit of vocal backing imaginable.

It'll be a pisser if a sizeable number of tickets go to those who sit passively during games, or worse still, go to those who are on the players' backs whenever things aren't going to plan.

Seen as hardly anyone is allowed in, could they maybe change the kick off time?

That way I can catch Chelsea v Liverpool in the pub after it. Save playing the game in the dark too.

Just listening to the Sacked in the Morning podcast. Finished the Phil Brown one and now on to the Jimmy Nicholl one. I’d be interested to hear a Yogi one where he chats about his managerial escapades, especially his time at Starks Park.

That way I can catch Chelsea v Liverpool in the pub after it. Save playing the game in the dark too.
Just listening to the Sacked in the Morning podcast. Finished the Phil Brown one and now on to the Jimmy Nicholl one. I’d be interested to hear a Yogi one where he chats about his managerial escapades, especially his time at Starks Park.
Away f**k English football instead of a Fife derby. Minter.

Just now, Stellaboz said:
21 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Away f**k English football instead of a Fife derby. Minter.

Thank you for your input, Stellaboz.

Yeah, little to no enthusiasm for this. Applied for tickets this afternoon and our entry number was a little into the 400s. No idea what’s hat sort of performance we’ll put in. I was going to try to guess the team but I can’t really be arsed. 

Meh. 

There is nae joy at all watching a stream. Its a good service and glad to have it but for whatever reason it doesn't matter as much. 

I disagree.

I can drink the whole game.
No rush to get home or long travel after a miserable defeat.
No cold, awful conditions to contend with.
I can drink the whole game.

I can only guess we see it as giving the Pars a limited chance to make any changes to their squad. We've got Stanton ready, we just need international clearance, and we've got Williamson in a similar position. Berra was a huge miss last weekend - I'd prefer if we went with Lang and Musonda but I suspect we'll keep the same back line as last week. Both Ayr goals came down to individual errors albeit they still created plenty of chances. 

We really can't fall to the same level as we did against Ayr. In both derbies, we've not really given the best account of ourselves aside from the first half of the one at Stark's. I'd much prefer if this was being played in front of a larger crowd at Stark's but that's the choice we've made. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Only two pages about a Ne'er Day Derby. Goes to show that having a poor run of form for one team, am absolute gang of imposters for the other and hardly any fans can suck the enthusiasm out of most folk.

Anyway, 3-0 Rovers. We might get a shot on target if we're really lucky. 

I was right up for it until it was announced the crowd would be 500. Put a bit of a dampener on things.

I’ll watch the stream. I’ve watched a couple of our streams this season (ICT and Killie) and the feeling I got watching was much better with fans in the ground. Last season when there were no fans there you got used to it, so it’s back to that.

If anything, the chance of getting a ticket and then not getting one has scunnered me even more than if there was never any chance. 

I was really looking forward, with a healthy amount of trepidation, to seeing Hughes back at Stark's. Whatever happened, the atmosphere would've been quality. Him getting it tight trudging back up the touchline after a loss, or giving it the big 'un to an emptying South Stand after a win. Either way, it's the kind of stuff that makes football what it is. 

The lack of fans just takes away all the extremes. Whether we win or win lose, it won't mean as much, and it won't feel as important. 

I'll watch it on the stream and I'll be chuffed if we win or disappointed if we lose, but half an hour later I'll be doing something else. 

So... do we reckon Stanton goes straight in from the start? It's not a typical McGlynn move, he's normally more inclined to ease new guys in, but that midfield does need a bit of a shake-up. 

On the basis that clearance comes through, and the Rovers actually announce Ben Williamson, I suspect he'll go with Stanton and Matthews as the base of midfield, with Williamson (and Tait, if he hasn't gone yet?) on the bench.