Rovers v Pars ..2nd Jan if COVID allows

25 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Tait will start. It's his last game so he won't be benched.

Aye, I can't see McGlynn going with Stanton from the start. I'd rather we did go with Stanton though. Tait isn't a natural deep lying midfielder and based off what McGlynn said, Stanton is the type of player who'll drop deep actively looking for the ball - something we've sorely missed over the last few games where Spencer has been injured. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Have heard that the bedsheet industry has applied to the government for funding due to loss of income the COVID restrictions have caused.

Duvet know that it'll be a blanket coverage for all applications?

And a Guid New Year to you and a'!🥃

We need a striker, we can pass teams off the park at times. But that counts for nothing if there’s no end product. I’ll keep saying it, we need Gullan to play off Varian’s pushing and pulling of defenders. That’s if Gullan is on the radar  

8 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

We need a striker, we can pass teams off the park at times. But that counts for nothing if there’s no end product. I’ll keep saying it, we need Gullan to play off Varian’s pushing and pulling of defenders. That’s if Gullan is on the radar  

Who would you drop to make way for both Varian and Gullan? 

20 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

We have Ethan Ross for playing off of Varian. Our problem lately is we can't pass teams off the park. Our problem is we can't pass the ball beyond our sitting midfielders and thus the ball is forced long 40 yards for Varian to chase.

Williamson is a week or two of practice from being considered to play for us, Stanton has been practicing with the team a couple of weeks now. I’d bet on same team as always, with Stanton replacing Tait (to allow the limited crowd to cheer the laddie off) or Matthews about the 60’ mark.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Williamson is a week or two of practice from being considered to play for us, Stanton has been practicing with the team a couple of weeks now. I’d bet on same team as always, with Stanton replacing Tait (to allow the limited crowd to cheer the laddie off) or Matthews about the 60’ mark.

Not sure how much the crowd will be in the mood for cheering by the 60 minute mark if we persist with starting Tait and Matthews.

Stanton needs to start. @Paco called it right, zanatta or Ross is the one to make way for Tait either starting or as a sub.

29 minutes ago, renton said:

We have Ethan Ross for playing off of Varian. Our problem lately is we can't pass teams off the park. Our problem is we can't pass the ball beyond our sitting midfielders and thus the ball is forced long 40 yards for Varian to chase.

Ethan Ross has been off his game as well as Tait, he’s waiting on his move away. 

In the last game at Starks Raith had a lot of joy attacking down our right, with Dick and Zanatta ripping us apart at times.

If* Raith go ahead, I hope that they once again decide to just not bother scoring any further and that they decide attacking isn't required.

*When.

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Ethan Ross has been off his game as well as Tait, he’s waiting on his move away. 

... and you know this how?

Besides, our issues are less to do with form and more to do with fitting the right players in the right place. Tait can't play the way Spencer (or Hendry before him) can and so we can't play through a press. 

That means we end up going long and leaving Varian to pick up scraps, and the opposition invariably recycle the 2nd ball before we get close.

Our game plan up until about 65 minutes into the Arbroath game has generally been to play through midfield and getting our wingers and No 10 on the ball facing goal in the opposition final third.

If we don't have the personnel to beat the press then we are fucking beaten.

So, I don't see how Jamie Gullan fixes that problem.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In the last game at Starks Raith had a lot of joy attacking down our right, with Dick and Zanatta ripping us apart at times.

If* Raith go ahead, I hope that they once again decide to just not bother scoring any further and that they decide attacking isn't required.

*When.

Last two games we've barely been able to get Zanatta on the ball high enough up the park to be halfway dangerous.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Last two games we've barely been able to get Zanatta on the ball high enough up the park to be halfway dangerous.

Because Spencer was pivitol with his build up play. That’s my opinion obviously 

5 minutes ago, renton said:

Good, cos first half at Starks he was all over us. We couldn't handle him at all.