Winter Window, 2021-2022…what’s happening with you…

Dougie Imrie confirmed last night that Jaakko Oksanen is being recalled by Brentford. We also have a wage freed up through Jimmy Knowles' loan having already being terminated early after he was injured for the rest of the season, so there'll definitely be players coming in.

I'd want to see Reilly and Allan's loans cut short as well, but having Allan sitting on the bench is maybe a price we'll have to pay to keep McEntee. I can't see anyone else leaving, as good as it would be to move on some of the permanently contracted dross if any Kelty/Darvel type outfits are interested.

Feels like the first January window since 2016-17 where we're not needing to overhaul half the squad.

A left-sided winger to replace Hastie (or just be worth playing, unlike Hastie) is number 1 priority and if we can move on the likes of MacIver and Gordon with better coming in to replace them that would be ideal as the drop off when first choice players are out is quite high. As with pretty much most clubs at this level the problem is where do these guys go unless Falkirk or Kelty are willing to take them on.

Should also be looking to get Akinola, Rudden and Sneddon signed up though the initial good news on that seems to have been a false dawn.

Sol Brynn confirmed as being recalled by Middlesbrough from QoS. I guess we'll probably be looking for another keeper then, though we're not massively panicked about it. Josh Rae is a 1st team standard keeper and started the season as No 1 before sustaining a nasty facial injury which necessitated getting Brynn in earlier than originally expected. And Charlie Cowie, though only 17, has been absolutely fine when called upon in the past so no immediate panic but I imagine we'll want two senior keepers for the 2nd half of the season.

Sol Brynn confirmed as being recalled by Middlesbrough from QoS. I guess we'll probably be looking for another keeper then, though we're not massively panicked about it. Josh Rae is a 1st team standard keeper and started the season as No 1 before sustaining a nasty facial injury which necessitated getting Brynn in earlier than originally expected. And Charlie Cowie, though only 17, has been absolutely fine when called upon in the past so no immediate panic but I imagine we'll want two senior keepers for the 2nd half of the season.
Can have Deniz back if yous like.

On 29/12/2021 at 11:45, Tattie36 said:

A tricky one. He’s obviously too good a player for League 1 and will score goals but who wants a convicted sex offender with his criminal record at their club? Wouldn’t want him anywhere near Gayfield.

ETA actually, it’s not a tricky one at all, any team that considers him are crazy.

He’d probably feel quite at home with Morton given their penchant for nonce’s!

So if the queens Middlesbrough keeper is returning that means our Middlesbrough keeper is staying.

Excellent…

49 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

So if the queens Middlesbrough keeper is returning that means our Middlesbrough keeper is staying.

Excellent…

Indeed it does. Sadly they rate ours higher than yours. 🙁

Thats two players we've broken in to first team football for them now though. Hopefully its a relationship we can continue to develop productively. 

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed it does. Sadly they rate ours higher than yours. 🙁

Thats two players we've broken in to first team football for them now though. Hopefully its a relationship we can continue to develop productively. 

There’s a hell of a lot to be said for a south of Scotland team with a habit of developing talent for a nearby English side, nice work from your point of view.

On 29/12/2021 at 11:45, Tattie36 said:

A tricky one. He’s obviously too good a player for League 1 and will score goals but who wants a convicted sex offender with his criminal record at their club? Wouldn’t want him anywhere near Gayfield.

ETA actually, it’s not a tricky one at all, any team that considers him are crazy.

If you Google him he is neither a convicted sex offender or on the register

14 minutes ago, Hottoddy22 said:

That's true, and he's a member of a very exclusive club, in that regard. I'm led to believe he's one of only three men in Scotland who have been deemed a rapist by a court of law, but not added to the register. 

2 hours ago, Hottoddy22 said:

f**k off you rapist apologist. I’m 53 and have managed to live my life without being convicted twice for assault and being confirmed as a rapist by a judge. The guy is scum, full fucking stop.

Edited by Tattie36

On 31/12/2021 at 16:19, TxRover said:

There’s a hell of a lot to be said for a south of Scotland team with a habit of developing talent for a nearby English side, nice work from your point of view.

Yep, the geography works for a change and we seem to have a good relationship with Boro - long may it last.