The Apprentice 2022

smpar

The Apprentice returns tomorrow at 9pm on BBC One. This year, Claude is being replaced by the first ever winner of The Apprentice, Tim Campbell.

You can find the 16 contestants at the link below. The standard of charisma appears to be slipping once again, with notable mentions to the following arseholes:

Akshay: “My friends call me AK47 because I'm a killer salesperson.”

Alex: “I would compare myself to a Ferrari, shiny on the outside but under the bonnet, there is a lot of fire and I'm coming for you.”

Immediately, it looks as though Sophie and Brittany are unlikely to win, given they want help to develop their alcohol-based businesses. I’m no Apprentice expert but isn’t Alan Sugar pretty anti-booze and reluctant to promote alcohol culture?

I’m going to stick my neck out and say Stephanie could be an attractive option for Sugar’s business partner. The East London girl is looking to expand her online designer children’s wear store. Her short profile doesn’t seem too boastful or misguided.

Amy looks like she’ll be this year’s ‘Elizabeth’ (from 2018): outspoken, slightly older than the others, and a self-confessed bitch. I can already see her going as far as the final 5 or 6 but definitely won’t win.

On the profiles alone, I think Francesca will be the first to go. Her sustainability company will ring noisy alarm bells of eco-overheads in Sugar’s ears. “I’ve never lost anything” she says. I beg to differ.

Let the arse-licking commence!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/g38662117/the-apprentice-2022-candidates-meet-contestants/

It's funny watching these morons because most of them haven't got an entrepreneurial bone in their body. Most of them are from a management/sales bullshit background.

The ones that Sugar tends to go for are those with ideas who need guidance or those who started their own business and need help upscaling.

He probably has a good idea who he wants before the series even starts.

I'll be watching this as everyone should now: as I watch a Sitcom.

Just watched the Meet the Candidates and they all appear to be morons this year. Could be some good comedy value in this one. Clearly Sugar has chucked is as well and doesn't care how thick they are as he doesn't have to hire them anymore. £250K is chump change for him.

I'll be watching this as everyone should now: as I watch a Sitcom.

Exactly this, it's not been a serious show for a long time.

I personally am looking forward to the task where they have to find 9 obscure items and both teams only get 6 or 7 having spent most of their time squabbling and wasting a ridiculous amount of time travelling

I am pleased they are not doing the Celebrity version like they do in the USA.

"Right.  I need you to go out and sell as many flowers as you can"

"That should be easy.  I just phoned my friend Jeff Bezos.  He has agreed to buy 10 million."

I am pleased they are not doing the Celebrity version like they do in the USA.
"Right.  I need you to go out and sell as many flowers as you can"
"That should be easy.  I just phoned my friend Jeff Bezos.  He has agreed to buy 10 million."

Give it time. Any half decent show requires a "celebrity" version nowadays to keep these no-marks relevant.

Exactly this, it's not been a serious show for a long time.

I personally am looking forward to the task where they have to find 9 obscure items and both teams only get 6 or 7 having spent most of their time squabbling and wasting a ridiculous amount of time travelling

That task from the last series was hilarious. That big geezer Tommy managed to get a cracking deal on some random object but the wee stuck up boot on his team was seething that he talked the seller out of her (higher) price.

That task from the last series was hilarious. That big geezer Tommy managed to get a cracking deal on some random object but the wee stuck up boot on his team was seething that he talked the seller out of her (higher) price.
Tommy is right up there with my favourite contestants of all time

Tommy is right up there with my favourite contestants of all time

The fact that he has made a decent living selling fucking pillows tells you a lot about him as a salesperson.

I watched the Meet the Candidates programme on the iPlayer before this came on....I was actually quite shocked that these were the real candidates as I assumed the earlier programme was a spoof.

When did they last have a Scottish candidate?  They always seem to have one American and one from Ireland but none from Scotland (or Wales)