The Apprentice 2022

smpar

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Have to echo the thoughts on judging someone's entrepreneurial skills on whether they can cook or not is pointless.

One of Ashkay or Nick was certain to go when they got lumbered with the cooking.  The quality of the food and service was never going to win the task but it made them an easy target if it went wrong.  Having said that the task failed due to PM completely screwing up the costings so she should have gone too.

The biggest issue I had with the food was the fact they were paying £17/£28 a head or whatever, for a plate of food yet they had to prep it all themselves? I know the entire show is bullshit but that was particularly bad. If the venue is charging that per head it's surely including them prepping the fucking stuff.

The biggest issue I had with the food was the fact they were paying £17/£28 a head or whatever, for a plate of food yet they had to prep it all themselves? I know the entire show is bullshit but that was particularly bad. If the venue is charging that per head it's surely including them prepping the fucking stuff.

I said the same to my wife.

Some fucking catering company that is.

Aye I don’t get that part of it. I suppose it shows them working to a deadline, under pressure and as a team etc, but it seems like that aspect is purely for entertainment more than anything else.

Just caught up last night. Nick has been trying to fly under the radar too much and it finally caught up with him. A deserved firing even if his part in the defeat was not the critical one. 

The team were screwed from the start and that's down to the crap negotiation with the client. Stephanie should've been emptied as well for that - she set the team up to fail and as pointed out, no refunds being requested would not have saved them. The total lack of engagement from Kathryn and Stephanie was piss-poor as well. They just couldn't be arsed and one should've walked. Maybe we'd have had the doubler if Shama hadn't withdrawn early on. 

That's also the second time in the series that Kathryn has been in a client meeting which has resulted in her team being put in a difficult position. 

The other team were clearly better, but it was disappointing to see Harpreet winning. Her treatment of Akeem was awful and I'm sure there would've been any number of complaints sent in had it been Akeem speaking to her like that. No need at all to act like that. 

It was interesting that Sugar brought all them back. He seems to have clocked that there's a bit of shenanigans at play where the women will close ranks and save each other (Sophie got a bit of grief for her choices prior to her firing) so took the option away from her. Still fired Nick anyway, but it was interesting to see. 

Thought Britanny and Aaron were excellent on their experience. Kept everyone engaged and unlike the others, actually seemed like they cared. 

Edited by Michael W

Must be about time for the buying task. It's the best one for showing up complete stupidity and ignorance. I think there's plenty of that stil there. 

Harpreet would be humped there. She’d single-handedly lose the task by trying to buy a £850 vase for a fiver and refusing to go higher than a tenner.

1 minute ago, Albertlegend said:

Did those two not make an arse of the client meeting last week as well! 

Yep. 

It's no surprise they went with Britanny and Aarron. They are both very engaging and good at the personal stuff. 

Stephanie and Kathryn are wooden. Complete vacuums. 

Akeem and Harpreet have picked the most useless, ridiculous products to sell. Akshay played a blinder with his choices.

Akeem and Harpreet will get away with this if a few rings are sold. If they don't get away with it then there's no way Aaron or Britanny are going home. What a load of utter shite they've bought there. 

That clip there was stressful to watch. Who knew the people on these shows had a man shouting at them like that?!