The Apprentice 2022

smpar

22 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
22 hours ago, Fullerene said:
I am pleased they are not doing the Celebrity version like they do in the USA.
"Right.  I need you to go out and sell as many flowers as you can"
"That should be easy.  I just phoned my friend Jeff Bezos.  He has agreed to buy 10 million."

Give it time. Any half decent show requires a "celebrity" version nowadays to keep these no-marks relevant.

This did happen as a feature on Children in Need or Comic Relief (maybe even Sport Relief) a few years ago. Outcome was the same as Fullerene describes in USA version - it came down to who had the richest friends. Someone knew the Chelsea team at the time and I recall John Terry paying 1000s for something that was about a tenner.

First of all, I don’t think the “Bouji cruises” branding was particularly good, although the idea of cruises for well off women in the 25-45 age group has legs. I think the girls rightly won as the boys tried to tap in to an already saturated market and their execution was horrendous. But I’d say it was girls 4/10 and boys 1/10 rather than the girls being particularly good.

I think Akiem was actually mainly at fault for the failure of the task however, I think his mistakes were things that you can go and tell him to work on for the next episode. Harry, on the other hand, was just a dick. Moaned the whole time without offering any constructive solutions and then was a dick on the boardroom. There’s no way Lord Sugar is going to work with someone like that so it wasn’t a major surprise to see him leave the process. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

When was the last time the boys won the opening task?

Also, is there a reason they never had team names?

Does that not come when he mixes the teams about instead of just men v women?

FIc7wH9X0AEq9Pf.jpeg.881019f84b9f9a977c2696c420c41b34.jpeg

It’s absolutely awful [emoji23]
They insisted with the ‘nature’ theme about trees etc. What’s natural about a big fucking massive cruise liner?

My face during the whole thing 357bfab67f95a9c4a56691837c18ff15.jpg
As said before it started, just watch for the lols. There are multiple idiots, and very rarely will it be the person most culpable who goes (unless they have a poor business plan).

Karen's faces during the task were great. A cross between her wondering if she's getting paid enough for this shit, and thinking what Paul Peschisolido might be up too

On 05/01/2022 at 22:22, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's funny watching these morons because most of them haven't got an entrepreneurial bone in their body. Most of them are from a management/sales bullshit background.

The ones that Sugar tends to go for are those with ideas who need guidance or those who started their own business and need help upscaling.

He probably has a good idea who he wants before the series even starts.

If he hasn't, at least, partially retired. I doubt he does any serious business with any of them, whether they win or not.

On 07/01/2022 at 08:41, 19QOS19 said:

If it was the original concept none of these no-marks would be on the show. I'll argue the point with anyone: Sugar picks a business plan he likes, before a ball is kicked, and the other candidates are there for entertainment purposes. You have to watch this show for what it is now. Light-hearted comedy at folk who think they are quality business people.

I have honestly never watched the apprentice before but decided to give this series a go. My thinking throughout was basically your last point, I didn’t realise it was practically a ‘business’ version of Love Island. Will continue watching.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Usually watch this but can’t see me seeing this series out, what self respecting young business entrepreneur would put themselves through this Circus. Seriously, would you take on any of these deluded narcissists? The show’s lost any credibility but perhaps it now plays to the audience who just watch it for a laugh. Fair dos.

I have honestly never watched the apprentice before but decided to give this series a go. My thinking throughout was basically your last point, I didn’t realise it was practically a ‘business’ version of Love Island. Will continue watching.
Usually watch this but can’t see me seeing this series out, what self respecting young business entrepreneur would put themselves through this Circus. Seriously, would you take on any of these deluded narcissists? The show’s lost any credibility but perhaps it now plays to the audience who just watch it for a laugh. Fair dos.

It hasn't been a serious Business show for years. Probably since he stopped hiring them to work for him. The £250K he invests he'll probably make back right away from making the programme.

If you take the show for what it is - a light-hearted comedy show full of idiots who fail to see they're idiots making complete fools of themselves and not the great business people they think they are, then it's great entertainment.

If you watch it thinking it's a serious show full of clever business people, you're in the wrong place.

It hasn't been a serious Business show for years. Probably since he stopped hiring them to work for him. The £250K he invests he'll probably make back right away from making the programme.

If you take the show for what it is - a light-hearted comedy show full of idiots who fail to see they're idiots making complete fools of themselves and not the great business people they think they are, then it's great entertainment.

If you watch it thinking it's a serious show full of clever business people, you're in the wrong place.

Think most viewer’s expectations are fairly low but that at least ‘some’ credibility might be on offer from the candidates.
I honestly hadn’t realised how much time had passed, since the last series that had at least a reasonable crop of contenders, probably 2010- Series 6.

If I was wanting to convey luxury I would go for words like Ruby, Emerald or Sapphire or maybe some precious metal like Gold or Silver or Platinum.

For originality and because it was the sea, maybe Neptunium Adventures would be good.

To convey a sense of peace and tranquility, I would have an ad showing the ship sailing away with a bunch of Apprentice Wannabes left arguing on the quayside.

Don't forget it's heavily edited to create a story. The producers played a part in moving this from a semi-serious business competition to a farce when they realised there's more clicks in comedy than clever.  This jumped the shark quite some time ago. 

On 08/01/2022 at 11:51, Clockwork said:

Usually watch this but can’t see me seeing this series out, what self respecting young business entrepreneur would put themselves through this Circus. S

The problem is anybody can be made to look stupid by the camera. A quote taken out of context, a funny face pulled by accident. They can create a narrative that someone is vain by putting a big mirror by the door of the house then taking loads of shots from different angles as they walk past to the taxi every morning. They can make it look like someone is being ignored by showing them asking questions/making suggestions but not showing them being answered or being responded to. 

Every week the focus will be on 3 people in each team because 6 characters is all the average viewer can concentrate on during a one hour programme, so you can tell within 5 minutes who is going to be in the boardroom if they lose and what the storyline is going to be.

The best bit of the series is the interviews where you find out who actually has a decent business plan and who the fantasists are. 

Yet again I shall not be watching this farce.

When it changed to £250k investment, Tom Pellerau won despite being on the losing side a record 8 times.

Sugar had made up his mind sure he was winning before the show ever aired because he wanted in on TP's curvy nail file invention and had no interest whatsoever in the ergonomic chair which was his business plan for the show.