Morton vs Raith, 28/1/22

I really like big Gozie. No doubt he had some poor games for us last season and I can see why McGlynn gambled on getting someone better, but I’m not convinced we have yet.

If only he didn’t have his injury problems with us last year…

Did the wind get stronger in the second half or did Morton just handle it/ use it to their advantage better? Don’t remember too many over hit passes from them in the second half but it really seemed to catch us out a few times in the first.

Absolutely no danger Morton go down now, and hopefully they’ll take points from the other teams around us too.

Over the piece Morton were more deserving of the three points than we were, but a point each was fair enough I thought.
Raith were capable of playing the nicer football but we only saw it in brief flashes.

Stanton is an absolutely tremendous footballer, he’s been a great signing.
Lewis Strapp is a horrible wee p***k of a man. I’ll take him in our team in place of Dick though.

Overall a really entertaining game of football which it really shouldn’t have been in those atrocious conditions.
Still don’t think I’ve seen us win on TV or stream this season yet though….

A good point, but that's now no wins in six. The playoffs are going to be beyond us if we don't start picking up wins again soon. 

The back three didn't work. Two goals lost from balls into the box that we didn't deal with and we were lucky not to concede more than we did. Morton should've had a penalty for handball and Blues missed an absolute sitter. When we play a back three we need our fullbacks to be on form, getting down the line to support the attack and I don't think that happened enough. 

Ethan Ross is not a striker. I appreciate the options were quite limited last night in the forward department and he is also one of our best players, but he was invisible. If we were going two up front, Poplatnik should've started instead. Ross was put of position and it showed. 

I do think we really missed Varian last night. He might not bring goals, but too often particularly in the first half last night, we just lumped the ball straight out of play in the absence of a target to aim at. All fine and well trying to play it so Ross/Gullan run onto it, but with the wind behind us the ball just went straight out. Had Varian been fit we might have been able to make something more going forward and would perhaps have also prevented the ball coming straight back at us a bit more. Oh to have kept Gozie...

Can't complain about what we got here, given we could easily have lost that, but form is a big worry. If Berra is out for any period of time, I fear for our defence - it goes to pieces without him. 

Just watching the game back now. The penalty decision was a big call for us in the end up but we also had enough chances to win the game and should have come away with the 3 points. Again I'll say the referee had a great game overall and contributed to a really entertaining game. 

The Lithgow pen shout is not a pen for me, both at it.

How the ref missed the handball though ..

Felt for Blues, was a great chance and he had another free header in the 1st half he should have done better with. Deserves a lot of credit though, he  has took a lot if stick in his time with us but looks a different player this season. Absolutely deserves his place in the team. Formed a really strong, energetic partnership with Lyon. Both good footballers who work their arsed off 

Even though we are clearly playing much better, we are still in a relegation battle and still need some additions. If we were to lose Ugwu and Lyon to injury/covid etc, we would struggle.

I'm the brother of Gordon 'Tiger' Bryce, one of the Ton fans that the minutes applause was for last night, and on behalf of the whole family we send our heartfelt thanks and gratitude to the players and fans of both teams for respecting and participating in the tribute. Brought a tear to a glass eye!

I'm the brother of Gordon 'Tiger' Bryce, one of the Ton fans that the minutes applause was for last night, and on behalf of the whole family we send our heartfelt thanks and gratitude to the players and fans of both teams for respecting and participating in the tribute. Brought a tear to a glass eye!

Sorry for your loss.

1 hour ago, cet homme charmant said:

Hope the applause last night brought some comfort to you and yours.

I see that John McGlynn decided to follow up his pre-match drivel about the pitch with post-match drivel, mewling about 'long throw after long throw' and 'just battering the ball'. 

No doubt McGlynn will insist on an exhibition of samba football from the home side when the teams meet again at Starks' Park. 

45 minutes ago, virginton said:

I see that John McGlynn decided to follow up his pre-match drivel about the pitch with post-match drivel, mewling about 'long throw after long throw' and 'just battering the ball'. 

No doubt McGlynn will insist on an exhibition of samba football from the home side when the teams meet again at Starks' Park. 

To be fair to McGlynn, cocaine is a hell of a drug. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

He has a point to some degree as you adapted well to the conditions on the night with the shelling of the ball forward especially in the second half at every opportunity to Gozie and co, and to be honest probably you really should have taken the three points on offer. You also executed the pressing game well.

However, we look forward greatly to having a go at  "McGlynn ball" in the final fixture at Stark's to see which is the better game management style. One thing for sure you are not in any danger if you continue to produce displays like that, particularly against those around you. Imrie seems to have turned things around. Good luck for the rest of the season. especially finishing above the Darkside from the west of Fife.👍

22 hours ago, cet homme charmant said:

I didn’t realise that was Tiger, was very well known in our area, sorry for you and your family’s loss. 

20 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

How are Morton fans looking forward to League One - where you belong?

what a horrible troll you are.

Imrie was a dirty wee shite of a player but he seems to have worked wonders with what little he has available and his tactical changes against us a few weeks ago were impressive and deserved the point they got.

No chance Morton will go down.

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

that’s a big shout

i don’t think you’ll finish bottom but despite a good wee run recently you’re still in the play off spot and i have a feeling you’ll stay there.you’ll probably play airdrie and we all know what happens when you and airdrie have something to play for 😂

what a horrible troll you are.
Imrie was a dirty wee shite of a player but he seems to have worked wonders with what little he has available and his tactical changes against us a few weeks ago were impressive and deserved the point they got.

Big statement

It doesn’t look like they’re signing anyone else this window which is a gamble despite how improved they are under Imrie. All it’ll take is a bad result or two and confidence will drop again and they could be right up against it.

There’s been quite a few debated decisions in our last two matches against ‘Well and Raith. The common denominator amongst all the offside, penalty and added time is that everyone of those contentious decisions went our opponents way. They’re just facts and not sour grapes although it’s quite a galling statistic, as I’m delighted with Morton’s improvement under Dougie.