Aberdeen 1 (dodgy penalty) St Johnstone 1

59 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not like you to be inaccurate, but if you read my post again, at no point did I say we were playing well, just that we were better than St Johnstone. And the penalty award is hopefully the start of things “going to even themselves out over the season.”.

Can’t be arsed going back and quoting your reply to me but on this theme. 

We we’re better than them, aye probably. But my issue was with ‘by a country fucking mile’, nah, not having that. RG has a bit of spoilt adolescent posting style but he’s right to say st Johnstone we’re relatively comfortable with what we threw at them. They were always going to invite us to put them under pressure. 

I also took issue with the ‘yet again’ element of the post that implied that our league position is some sort of great injustice (and fair enough if I misinterpreted that), it really is not. I can’t actually remember many dropped points that I’ve felt we were robbed this season. Both rangers games maybe, tynecastle at a push. Everything else? Deserved. 

As funny as some saintees meltdowns have been here, that was a debatable at best pen last night and it didn’t seem we would score any other way. 

Tl;dr - yes, we may have been ‘better’ but not that much and it really counts for f**k all. 

10 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

A team that has spent most of it’s existence launching hammers around Scottish football bemoaning injuries and refs is mildly amusing.

A club that still lives in 1983 joining in a discussion in 2022 is more than mildly amusing. 

Nothing better than opposition fans pompously declaring why they think we’ll go down as if they’ve said something insightful. Like, we’ve watched 30+ games of this shite - we know we’re dreadful. But that also doesn’t mean we haven’t had a bit of a raw deal with both referees and injuries all season.

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can’t be arsed going back and quoting your reply to me but on this theme. 

We we’re better than them, aye probably. But my issue was with ‘by a country fucking mile’, nah, not having that. RG has a bit of spoilt adolescent posting style but he’s right to say st Johnstone we’re relatively comfortable with what we threw at them. They were always going to invite us to put them under pressure. 

I also took issue with the ‘yet again’ element of the post that implied that our league position is some sort of great injustice (and fair enough if I misinterpreted that), it really is not. I can’t actually remember many dropped points that I’ve felt we were robbed this season. Both rangers games maybe, tynecastle at a push. Everything else? Deserved. 

As funny as some saintees meltdowns have been here, that was a debatable at best pen last night and it didn’t seem we would score any other way. 

Tl;dr - yes, we may have been ‘better’ but not that much and it really counts for f**k all. 

Bloody hell man, calm down. No idea whose posts you’re mostly quoting but they certainly aren’t mine. 

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You don’t want to admit it, but over the 90 minutes we were. Presumably Gallagher was taken off because he was poor, and Brown and Ferguson comfortable replacements in the second half. The only time I remember St Johnstone causing us any problems in the second half was Bates excellent challenge. We were pouring forward in that half, and easily the better team.

I was responding to this joey. 

and f**k off with your calm down pish. We’ve been exchanging long enough on this forum for you to be better than that. 

10 hours ago, House Bartender said:

Thankfully it's all about the stats.

image.png.54485614a05c4a5d7dc2c748ed59a61f.png

Not quite as impressive as the Motherwell league game where we had 18 shots to their 2 and managed to lose 2-0, but not far off it.

• Suspect Device changed the title to Aberdeen 1 (dodgy penalty) St Johnstone 1
10 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Look at the squad Dundee had and compare.

I didn't say you weren't comfortable. Saintees struggling with their comprehension skills tonight. It was a turn of phrase in regard to Random saying he didn't have any fear when we had the ball. Gave him three examples of when the pass was poor otherwise we had a fantastic chance to put the ball across for a guilt edged chance. That's before getting in to the actual chances.

Surely that was the penalty decision?

10 hours ago, NYD1997 said:

We have had a penalty that’s not a penalty tonight, and the handball goal which gave you 3 in Perth.

The penalty last week against St mirren 

Hallberg sending off against utd (which was soft to be very generous)

2 pens away to hibs in 2 separate  games which weren’t plus a sending off of Bryson at home which wasn’t. 

That’s 8 (10 if you say we go on to win) and that’s not including dodgy decisions against st mirren at home and anything against the bigots

At the end of the season the points totals of all the teams should be adjusted to take account of all these wrong decisions.

After the adjustments are made, I'd wager the final positions would be the same.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well this is the point 😂

This is the shittest Saints side in a decade, with dross like Crawford floating about and absolutely no width.

Sitting in and trying to counter is literally all we have, so we play that way, and tonight we played it well. The idea Aberdeen were "miles the better side" while stumbling to a 1-1 draw with a shite side who comfortably held them at arms length for most of the match is just weird and just reeks of the "we played 200 more passes so deserved to win the game" pish we've been getting for absolute years on here.

Theres more than one way to win a game.

Nobody has said this. In fact, most Dons fans are complaining that we play 200 more passes but don't actually get anywhere.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

It’s funny seeing Aberdeen fans complaining relentlessly about Hendry when they have Lewis Ferguson in their team. Master of the art of falling over. Almost at the Peter Macdonald level.

No-one is complaining about it.

It was our go to tactic under McInnes when we had Cosgrove and Calderwood when we had Lee Miller..very effective.

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

12/12 penalties for Ferguson throughout his career. Gonna be a sad day when he finally misses.

Maybe one for the Statto's amongst the forum, but it would be interesting to see who has had the longest run of successful penalties in Scotland. I seem to recall Novo had an excellent penalty record, but no idea how many consecutively.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Maybe one for the Statto's amongst the forum, but it would be interesting to see who has had the longest run of successful penalties in Scotland. I seem to recall Novo had an excellent penalty record, but no idea how many consecutively.

@craigkillie @HibeeJibee might help with that. 

I think three of those from Ferguson were outwith the league, including 1 shoot-out, which might complicate things a bit. I reckon Dougie Imrie will have at least matched that 12. 

I really don't like this growing narrative, led by our manager, that we're unlucky. Yes, some decisions have gone against us, but take that away for the moment. Who can deny we're bottom of the league because we – alongside Dundee – are by some distance the worst teams in the league? We deserve to be 

We're in danger of sounding like Hearts fans in the spring of 2020.