Friday night Top of the Table clash

Its one of those semi-cliches but i would fucking hate trying to play against that arbroath team as a player. Just full effort at every single 50-50 / contested ball, and even if you get a break of the ball or beat a man theres always at least one more arbroath player to put on the pressure. Some great composure under pressure too, especially 2nd half.

Better team deservedly won, although Hemming f*cked up again - although that's 9 points he's caused us this season he's still a decent keeper.  Unfortunately these points have all been lost against teams near/at the top of the league. 

Best player on the pitch again was Low - why did McInnes not go for him?  Probably a financial decision.   O'Brien was also superb - brilliant positional play. 

I honestly can't see us winning the league now (hopefully we'll gel more as the season continues) and if we don't thenI hope to God that Arbroath go on and win it. 

Disappointed before the game I couldn't go (Covid in the house) but am glad now I don''t have to make the trip back home, as it's a long way back after losing up there. 

He was in no way responsible for us losing but FFS where on earth do they get these officials from - that guy was abslolutey clueless tonight.    The red card was never a red card IMO - football is physical game and every time someone went to ground that clown gave a foul.   

Just now, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Its one of those semi-cliches but i would fucking hate trying to play against that arbroath team as a player. Just full effort at every single 50-50 / contested ball, and even if you get a break of the ball or beat a man theres always at least one more arbroath player to put on the pressure. Some great composure under pressure too, especially 2nd half.

No team can match our work rate. Hands down the fittest team in the league 

Arbroath are heading to be grouped with the Greece Euro 2004 winners, The Rembrandts with I'll Be There For You and Deep Blue Something with Breakfast at Tiffany's. 

However I genuinely hope they pull it off. They're putting in the lion's share of effort and everyone loves an underdog. 

35 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Are you trying to say that challenge didn’t endanger the safety of the Killie boy?  You do realise you can break a leg/ankle with a one footed challenge yeah?

Quite clearly not.   Don’t be absurd.  Any challenge can endanger an opponent, the laws and advice to referees is based on probability.  I think Craigan was certainly careless, possibly reckless but IMO not excessive. 

Edited by parsforlife

I'm surprised so many people are talking up Glass on the basis of that performance. He got on the ball a lot and did good stuff in the deeper positions, but any time he had the chance to create anything within any sort of decent range of goal (and let's face it, that's why we brought him in), he dwelled on the ball or made bad decisions and wasted it. If we only wanted a guy who could stroke about nice passes in deeper positions we could have just stuck with Stephen McGinn.

That's not meant to be a major criticism of him, he was far from the worst tonight, I'm just not getting the positivity about him. Outside of our defenders, I thought every single Killie player who stepped on to that pitch tonight was poor.

13 minutes ago, velo army said:

On the red card, I don't like that it's a red mainly because he's (as far as I could see) lunging for a relatively free ball (McKenzie isn't in possession of it) to poke it through to a teammate. He "follows through" because that's just physics. What else does he do? Not go for a ball that is essentially a 70-30? I see why he's given it but it looks more like an accidental collision. I get that in modern football that's a red, but it seems very harsh. 

Agree 100%

13 minutes ago, velo army said:

Anyhow. Ollie Shaw is a League 1 level striker at best, 

He's absolutely useless.  He's not strong enough to play football at this level, and too scared to tackle opposition players. 

IMO he'd struggle in the level that used to be called 'The Juniors"

Edited by paul wright scores

People may label Dick Campbell a dinosaur, but he gets lads who believe in his philosophy and will smash into walls for ninety minutes for him. That level of commitment is fundamental to winning or getting near winning the Championship.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

No team can match our work rate. Hands down the fittest team in the league 

which completely makes a mockery of teams being full time at that level.

I think all Premier teams fans would want Arbroath to win the league....a trip to Arbroath and that magnificent ground would be a great change from the tedium of playing the same sides away twice pretty much every season.

8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

People may label Dick Campbell a dinosaur, but he gets lads who believe in his philosophy and will smash into walls for ninety minutes for him. That level of commitment is fundamental to winning or getting near winning the Championship.

No overpaid pop stars at Gayfield. Run themselves in to the ground every week. And every one of them are as fit as fcuk

6 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

which completely makes a mockery of teams being full time at that level.

I think all Premier teams fans would want Arbroath to win the league....a trip to Arbroath and that magnificent ground would be a great change from the tedium of playing the same sides away twice pretty much every season.

Aye, but can they use that stadium in the Premiership? That’s the question