Falkirk 1 Queen’s Park 1

ATS, Dixon and McGuffie were the worst of the lot today. McKay should never be in the team, however, people singling him out need a word with themselves. He really didn’t do much wrong at all today. 

Gobsmacked to see someone criticise Kabia. He caused their defence all sorts of problems and worked his arse off. His bit of skill in the first half down the left wing was outstanding and better make the highlights 

He constantly gave away possession, under hit passes and misjudged balls in the air. He didn’t sell a goal like he usually does but he was still absolutely shite. Ken it’s all about opinions but I honestly can’t believe there were some people watching him today and thought ‘aye you were alright’.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

He constantly gave away possession, under hit passes and misjudged balls in the air. He didn’t sell a goal like he usually does but he was still absolutely shite. Ken it’s all about opinions but I honestly can’t believe there were some people watching him today and thought ‘aye you were alright’.

Maybe I’ve grown to expect a lot worse but I personally I thought ATS was worse. He still shouldn’t be in the team so you’ll have no argument from me about that

Mcguffie the worst player on the park yet again. Absolutely shite. Dowds is brilliant, some effort he puts in as well. We sat far far too deep first half. As soon as we thought we could actually play and attack it was night and day. Why do we keep starting games shite feart from dross week in week out. Depressing to watch. Just have a fucking go. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

Guest TedCrilly

One thing that was evident today is that whoever out of these sides stumble into the playoffs won’t see it past the first tie.

Edited by TedCrilly

Re Nesbit, it juat so happened that Inwas stood close enough to hear what he said, and I was genuinely shocked. As soon as I seen the ref go to his pocket I knew what was coming.

It cant be commonplace to speak to officials like that? I mean I dont know cos you arent usually thay close, but even Sunday league refs wont accept that.

So that leaves me to think, Nesbit is an absolute fucking idiot.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Re Nesbit, it juat so happened that Inwas stood close enough to hear what he said, and I was genuinely shocked. As soon as I seen the ref go to his pocket I knew what was coming.

It cant be commonplace to speak to officials like that? I mean I dont know cos you arent usually thay close, but even Sunday league refs wont accept that.

So that leaves me to think, Nesbit is an absolute fucking idiot.

Care to share? 

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Rennie’s MO of being great at turning fortunes around quickly is about to come to a shuddering holt. Being neck and neck with Sheerin isn’t really great.

I really hope that wasn't a typo!

We were pretty rotten overall with only Dowds, Kabia (1st half), Watson and Telfer looking half decent, Dowds being the best of the bunch. I feel that ATS looks half-arsed some of the time and Dixon looked, unsurprisingly, like someone who hadn't kicked a ball for weeks. Hopefully Jacobs just needs more game time because he didn't look at it either!

I'm a supporter of Rennie, thought we won a watch when we got him, but I'm starting to question some of his decisions now. It may just be that some players are carrying knocks but I can't understand his love of McGuffie, particularly at WB and why start McKay today given he preferred Mills last week?

Definitely need another midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and that can impose himself. We're still very short of forward options too. Anybody know what was wrong with Morrison today?

The very obvious penalty, where the defender put the ball out for the corner with his hand hasn't been mentioned either. Was a definite penalty.

Guest TedCrilly
4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Posted it on the other thread. He went right up to the linemans face and said "yer a fucking liar".

There was more expletive before that, but that bit I heard as clear as day.

Ffs I geared up for a speech from taken or something. Agreed an idiot though.

Sent off for calling someone a liar? I've played football since I was 9 right into my late twenties, I would be shocked if players are getting straight reds for that given what I've heard in my time. Ref was fucking shite today regardless of that incident. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

Isn't that exactly what Rudden said to get sent off for Partick against us last season? :lol: Completely unnecessary from Nesbitt but glad someone told the officials what they thought of them, they were rank rotten today with a number of baffling decisions for both sides. You know it's bad when they can't even play a simple advantage and book players for clean tackles.

In terms of the game I thought we started very slowly with sloppy passes all over the park inviting Queens on to us. Despite that, we actually contrived to concede hilariously from little pressure with Dixon and ATS(?) leaving a loose ball to each other that should have been booted in to the stand. That seemed to give us a wake up call that if we didn't improve the season was over. Fortunately we did and over the 90 minutes probably just shaded it, though a point was a fair result 

Worst for us were McKay, Dixon, ATS and McGuffie who could barely find a teammate all game or repeatedly made stupid passes. The rest did ok I thought, with Telfer probably the standout. Tbf to Dixon he doesn't have the legs to play at wingback any more and that was his first game back. Slot him in to LCH for the next game and drop the other 3 and I'll be happy.

I think we are making progress under Rennie but it's very slow

Both teams repeatedly insisting on playing short goal kicks out from the back and causing problems for themselves was hilarious to watch.

Decent turnout of 3,427 considering the weather

Less seething with this 1-1 than the previous couple. At no stage against Alloa or Airdrie were we winning those games after conceding. That wasn’t the case today. We created several chances towards the end that could and should have seen a second goal. 

Thought we were very good for the opening 25-30 minutes and looked the much better team. Reverted to the old ways and didn’t handle having a lead. That side of things is absolutely unacceptable and the encouraging aspects don’t change that. They equalised and looked the more likely for long spells.

They then had a spell where they stopped playing and we looked the more likely. “And Smith must score” as the famous line once went. You can’t miss those. Thought McHugh, Darcy and Quitongo gave them a wee bit more to think about when they came on.

It looked like two sides unsure of how to win and terrified of losing in various different stages. We’ll both be facing each other again next season. You can pretty much take that to the bank.