Who has had the best Winter transfer window?

Select which team you think had the best one...  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty straight forward, whose was best.

Take into consideration teams before and after the window and their relevant spending prowess. For example, Ramsey is clearly the most high profile of the signings, but is he such a game changer that sets Rangers' transfer business above the others, or at the other end of the table, and at the other end of the scale in terms of publicity, does St Johnstone's capture of Blair count as more significant purely down to the paucity of their 'goals for' column.

Perhaps the buying wasn't what made the window good. Aberdeen didn't bring in many but they kept hold of Ramsay. Ross County kept hold of the league's top scorer, surely a massive thing for them.

Edited by Ric

Just for confirmation and seeing as I have asked others to respond, I think Rangers had the best window in terms of overall quality, but I think @Dons_1988 has a point regarding Hearts. I doubt many would consider their "direct rivals" to have had good windows. Of course the question that opens up is whether Hearts' direct rivals include the old firm.

The combined window of hearts, Motherwell, hibs and Aberdeen has secured hearts third at a canter. So hearts. 

You know Aberdeen are closer to bottom than 3rd, right?

I think we've had a very good window and yeah, Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell's looks less good so it's been positive for us.

Celtic I think have strengthened the squad considerably to an extent they look genuine contenders now, which I'm not sure they were before.  Rangers have added some stardust.

I'd say Celtic overall

I think it's us. We needed a right wing back and a striker and got both, who both look very good additions. We also shifted some deadwood on in Gnanduillet, Roberts & Brandon (Walker too I guess but I'd have kept him personally). We also extended deals of Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett & Smith, all key players. Obviously disappointing to lose Souttar on a pre-contract, but you could argue we done very well to keep him for the rest of the season and ignore Rangers lowball bids.  All in all we are definitely stronger than before and have sorted our core out for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Tony Wonder

Going to have to be biased and as someone mentioned our new signings have probably taken us from just trying keep pace to actually being contenders.

3 of the 4 new signings already made big contributions and have won us points in big games v Hibs and Hearts. 

It’s a very strange feeling for us having business done early and being happy with it. It’s normally us going for the Hail Mary marquee loan singing till the end of the season which has never really worked for us.

Also got a few of the younger lads out on loan like Shaw and Montgomery where they will get game time and develop.

Only downsides are we haven’t been able to offload the likes of Ajeti, Soro, Barkas and Bolingoli.

I don't think you can judge ours yet, there's a lot of unknowns in there.

I think we have, however, strengthened the squad and made a proper go at addressing weaknesses in our squad in a variety of ways.

I'm fairly happy with it, even if doesn't work out well.

It's been a good window for us. We've got stronger, everyone near us arguably has not. If we get guaranteed European football next season I think we'll see our best window yet.

I'd probably have rangers ahead though, the dicks, just for them getting rid of their guff and signing decent potential individual quality to improve them.

What I can't understand is how bad their defence looks and their spunking good money on those signings and can't meet our asking price. If it were a championship club they'd have met the price IMO, and I think a lot of Rangers fans wouldn't have minded getting us a fee at the end of the day. If we keep letting rangers lowball us then it's not going to change so I'm glad we stood firm even if we couldn't see eye to eye.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

5 hours ago, Ric said:

Perhaps the buying wasn't what made the window good. Aberdeen didn't bring in many but they kept hold of Ramsay. Ross County kept hold of the league's top scorer, surely a massive thing for them.

Also kept the racist manager though, sort of over shadows anything else that goes on at County