Winter Olympics Beijing 2022

Bully Wee Villa

We’ve still got world champion Dave Ryding in the alpine skiing slalom, both curling teams are European champions, Izzy Atkin in the snowboard slope style who won bronze last time (although she’s not fully fit and is a bit of a long shot) and Kirsty Muir in the same event, we usually dominate the skeleton and have a promising young team led by Pyeongchang bronze medalist Laura Deas, and we should be in medal contention in bobsleigh both the 4-man and 2-man bob. 

I don’t think we will win as many medals as the last couple of games but I’d still expect 3-4 medals. 

I am pretty hopeful that one or both the curling teams can get a medal. 

The mixed-doubles was a good watch but really looking forward to the real thing.  Eve's rink is off first at 1.05am tomorrow morning.......will give that a miss but may catch Mouatt's first game at 6.015am then a big one for Eve at 12.05pm v Sweden (assuming its still Anna Hasselborg)  It's going to be great viewing for the next ten days.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

We’ve still got world champion Dave Ryding in the alpine skiing slalom, both curling teams are European champions, Izzy Atkin in the snowboard slope style who won bronze last time (although she’s not fully fit and is a bit of a long shot) and Kirsty Muir in the same event, we usually dominate the skeleton and have a promising young team led by Pyeongchang bronze medalist Laura Deas, and we should be in medal contention in bobsleigh both the 4-man and 2-man bob. 

I don’t think we will win as many medals as the last couple of games but I’d still expect 3-4 medals. 

Don't get me wrong Dave Ryding has a shot at a medal but he isn't world champion. He won his first world cup race this season which is maybe where the confusion lies. To give an idea of where he stands he's usually somewhere around 10th in the slalom world cup standings (a little higher this year thanks to winning a race) and has 4 career podiums. So he has a chance of a medal but probably more likely he doesn't get one than that he does.

1 hour ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

Don't get me wrong Dave Ryding has a shot at a medal but he isn't world champion. He won his first world cup race this season which is maybe where the confusion lies. To give an idea of where he stands he's usually somewhere around 10th in the slalom world cup standings (a little higher this year thanks to winning a race) and has 4 career podiums. So he has a chance of a medal but probably more likely he doesn't get one than that he does.

I read it as "he won the world cup". Is this more equivalent to someone winning a formula one race but coming 10th in the overall driver's championship?