St Johnstone vs Dundee United - 5 February 2022

It’s just about a red card in the rules of the game but that sort of jobsworth refereeing is always ruining games and it’s pretty shite tbh. Two soft fouls all game and he’s off. Could have been a decent second half with a few goals but after the red we dug in and did what we had to to grab a point.

Reckon over the piece we still had more and better chances? Another step in the right direction for us but a bit worried to see both County and Livi winning. We have it in us to best Dundee and avoid automatic relegation but would require a huge effort to get out of the playoff spots and I don’t think we’re quite there.

1 minute ago, Zamora Fan said:

It’s just about a red card in the rules of the game but that sort of jobsworth refereeing is always ruining games and it’s pretty shite tbh. Two soft fouls all game and he’s off. Could have been a decent second half with a few goals but after the red we dug in and did what we had to to grab a point.

Reckon over the piece we still had more and better chances? Another step in the right direction for us but a bit worried to see both County and Livi winning. We have it in us to best Dundee and avoid automatic relegation but would require a huge effort to get out of the playoff spots and I don’t think we’re quite there.

Both teams hit the frame of the goal, but Crawford's was far more of a genuine chance than Watt's. Apart from that, we created f**k all.

Thank f**k we had that run early on in the season, or we'd be right down beside you and Dundee.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL LIAM SMITH IT'S OKAY TO HIT THE BYELINE AND GET A CROSS IN. 

If Freeman is actually out for any extended time I'm hunting Smith down and smacking f**k out of him until he promises not to cut inside and do a stupid short pass ever again. 

Progress is progress for us, with the bonus of taking points on the way. No complaints with the performance and result was probably fair tbh, we clearly had the best chance of the match and I'm still bemused it didn't go in.

Red card was a farce. A tiny tug on a player who continues with the ball and has a chance, the yellow in those situations should only be if you actually stop the counter IMO, not wee touches that don't even impede anyone. Killed our chances really since the manager can't change from a back five, got the point though so fair dues.

United are woeful, and have the hilarious trait of thinking they're not. Presumably Courts watches videos of Man City breaking deep blocks down with patient play and assumes Callum Butcher and Marc McNulty can replicate it 😂 Tony Watt reverting back to "do lots of pretty looking things nowhere near the goal" mode was handy too, he was your only threat yet spent his game passing back to full backs.

I don't think he's thinking about booking him until Clark gets in his face. Even then I don't think he realises he's having to send him off at that point. Looked really weak refereeing from a ref that looked that sort all afternoon. Pity as it spolied a reasonable game up to that point.

Good point in the circumstances but disappointing didn't get the chance to push for three.

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

Tbf to United there was a bit of improvement in their attacking play today. 

Much better than some of the turgid pish that's been on display. 

Still not there though and a puzzling line up. 

Credit to Courts he made the changes needed at half time. 

Show your working

We really needed to win this game. 

Ever expanding list of unavailable players/players CD refuses to pick: 

Sang (CD refuses to start him)
Hector-Ingram (CD refuses to start him)
Mahon (CD refuses to start him)
Gallacher (CD refuses to start him)
Vertainen (CD repeatedly refused to start him/now loaned out?)
Bair (not cleared yet, CD will probably refuse to start him)
Gordon (suspended yet?)
Hallberg (suspended)
Rooney (injured)
Wotherspoon (injured)
Ciftci (injured)
Bryson (injured)
Kucheriavyi (injured)

If all of this squad was available to us at the start of the season and we had a manager inclined to actually start players he signs, I suspect we'd be challenging for the top six. 

As it stands there's a great deal of quality in this squad that's either unavaiable or won't be selected. Consequently, I can't see us digging ourselves out of the hole we've dug for ourselves. 

Edited by Sainthearted

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Progress is progress for us, with the bonus of taking points on the way. No complaints with the performance and result was probably fair tbh, we clearly had the best chance of the match and I'm still bemused it didn't go in.

Red card was a farce. A tiny tug on a player who continues with the ball and has a chance, the yellow in those situations should only be if you actually stop the counter IMO, not wee touches that don't even impede anyone. Killed our chances really since the manager can't change from a back five, got the point though so fair dues.

United are woeful, and have the hilarious trait of thinking they're not. Presumably Courts watches videos of Man City breaking deep blocks down with patient play and assumes Callum Butcher and Marc McNulty can replicate it 😂 Tony Watt reverting back to "do lots of pretty looking things nowhere near the goal" mode was handy too, he was your only threat yet spent his game passing back to full backs.

Who thinks that?