Celtic v Raith Rovers

Well, this is going to be unusual. Given how much of the Goodwillie debacle/catastrophe is still unresolved, this might be the first time in history where most of the build up to this fixture is dominated by coverage of the Rovers. 

After two home games, its a different kettle of fish for our support, too. I've largely ignored our games this week - I've still no idea who scored the goals on Tuesday night - but right now I'm minded to go to this one. But it's probably about 60/40 at the moment and that could easily be swayed by the actions of the club in the next few days. 

Ultimately I think the players still deserve support, and it's not going to get any tougher than having to go to Celtic Park. I can just about square that with not supporting or endorsing the club hierarchy. 

If I am there, I'll be wearing a white ribbon to support the campaign to end male violence against women. It is a small token, both literally and metaphorically, but after the absolute fucking nightmare that the club have perpetrated this week, I think even the smallest gestures of solidarity are probably worthwhile.

Football-wise, I imagine we'll be comprehensively destroyed by at least four or five goals on live television, and I imagine the vast, vast majority of people watching will be absolutely delighted, which is totally fair. 

I was quite up for this one when the draw was made. Events since have put a total dampener on it. I might still go but i’m just not feeling it at the moment.

I wonder what’s happening with the free buses. Did anyone buy tickets for this yet? I recall they were going to be on sale last week on the Tuesday or Wednesday.

56 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
56 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm going through to this. Expecting goals galore.... 

Aye, unfortunately Postecoglou isn't the idiot many people thought or hoped he might be.

I remember John Valente telling me a story about the first time he ever went to Parkhead to watch the Rovers, back in the days when the three wheeler disabled cars all parked round the side of the pitch. Apparently they would all flash their headlights whenever Celtic scored. If such a tradition was still in place today, I'd imagine there might be a few flat batteries by six o'clock next Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Aye, unfortunately Postecoglou isn't the idiot many people thought or hoped he might be.

I remember John Valente telling me a story about the first time he ever went to Parkhead to watch the Rovers, back in the days when the three wheeler disabled cars all parked round the side of the pitch. Apparently they would all flash their headlights whenever Celtic scored. If such a tradition was still in place today, I'd imagine there might be a few flat batteries by six o'clock next Sunday.

They might need new bulbs in their disco lights. 

The idea of sitting in Celtic Park behind a massive pillar whilst watching Liam Dick getting torn apart by Abada isn’t something that fills me with much excitement however I’ll be there on the off chance we can ride our luck and pull off a shock.

Celtic 5-0.

38 minutes ago, kev23 said:

The idea of sitting in Celtic Park behind a massive pillar whilst watching Liam Dick getting torn apart by Abada isn’t something that fills me with much excitement however I’ll be there on the off chance we can ride our luck and pull off a shock.

Celtic 5-0.

It was 3-0 earlier in the season when Celtic were crap so 5-0 seems about right this time. 

54 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I'll take 8-0 if nobody in the away end embarrasses themselves with a misguided show of "support" for a rapist. 

Indeed. With this game being live on TV the prospect of a repeat of Saturday is particularly bleak.

On 05/02/2022 at 21:51, Against The Machine said:

Well, this is going to be unusual. Given how much of the Goodwillie debacle/catastrophe is still unresolved, this might be the first time in history where most of the build up to this fixture is dominated by coverage of the Rovers. 

After two home games, its a different kettle of fish for our support, too. I've largely ignored our games this week - I've still no idea who scored the goals on Tuesday night - but right now I'm minded to go to this one. But it's probably about 60/40 at the moment and that could easily be swayed by the actions of the club in the next few days. 

Ultimately I think the players still deserve support, and it's not going to get any tougher than having to go to Celtic Park. I can just about square that with not supporting or endorsing the club hierarchy. 

If I am there, I'll be wearing a white ribbon to support the campaign to end male violence against women. It is a small token, both literally and metaphorically, but after the absolute fucking nightmare that the club have perpetrated this week, I think even the smallest gestures of solidarity are probably worthwhile.

Football-wise, I imagine we'll be comprehensively destroyed by at least four or five goals on live television, and I imagine the vast, vast majority of people watching will be absolutely delighted, which is totally fair. 

Hope it's the same white ribbon you've worn everytime we've played Clyde!

An absolute scudding coming our way and we won’t even get a payday for it now. Musonda in his current form gives me the fear against bottom half Championship team’s let alone Celtic who are flying at the moment. Let’s hope they make big changes and we can get through this without getting an absolute doing. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

Me and my son were looking forward to this but reckon 30,000+ Celtic fans (regardless of their own controversial past) will make their feelings well known and think it could make for a pretty depressing atmosphere in our end.....we'll also probably get absolutely rodgered. Will find a stream online no doubt.

Was looking forward to this game scudding or not, never been to Celtic Park for a Celtic game only Scotland games. No idea how many tickets we’ve sold or are even left.  At the moment I’m still not going to games until our board at least say something.  I’m glad we’ve got Jamie MacDonald in goal we’ll need a good keeper here. Poisonous atmosphere or not we need a decent crowd as quite frankly we’ll need the money from this. Hope Berra and Lang are fit for this one.  Celtic May actually refrain from hammering us as they’ll fear we just start kicking them up and down the park after they lost players to Alloa. 

Edited by San Starko Rover