Aberdeen v Celtic

2 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

You absolutely do. I was telling someone last night to STFU for shouting nonsense at Celtic players. 

I just honestly don't think that guy is an Aberdeen fan, truly. 

If he was a dons fan he'd have called Joe Hart an English c**t and at least gave the V's to the away end. 

He actually did give the Vs 

Was a weird incident. Ran over to Hart, got a video with him which led to him being booed by the Dons fans.

He then sprinted over to the ****, gave them the Vs whilst calling them "fucking wankers" or similar. Then ran back in to the south stand to some applause.

1 hour ago, gudge1903 said:

Definitely proving to be two cheeks of the same arse, not that anyone outside the weedgie bubble would ever think otherwise.

Both sets of fans seem to have absolute clowns in their support who feel a need to bang or climb on to the disabled section roof.

Doesn't look like it'll hold much weight. It's going to go horribly wrong one day.

15 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Absolute state of you, a complete swivel headed sectarian mutant. 

You'd probably throw your daughter down the stairs for dating someone with a name like Brendan, Sean or Aiden. 

the-big-house-must-stay-open-1.jpg

Just ponder on the fact that the above example of slanderous spittle flecked invective was in response to the mere suggestion that in 2022 maybe, just maybe, we could educate our young people together regardless of their skin colour, their parents religious beliefs or non-beliefs. In response to the mere suggestion that parhaps, if Catholicism , Presbyterianism, Judaism, Islam, Atheism etc etc learned in the same classroom and played in the same playground then maybe the 'mutants' would have less of an audience for their vile hatred and ignorance.  Idealistic nonsense I know but what is so wrong about discussing it ?  Why does the mere suggestion unleash such anger in people ? I wish I got it but I don't and it really depresses me about our country.

7 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Just ponder on the fact that the above example of slanderous spittle flecked invective was in response to the mere suggestion that in 2022 maybe, just maybe, we could educate our young people together regardless of their skin colour, their parents religious beliefs or non-beliefs. In response to the mere suggestion that parhaps, if Catholicism , Presbyterianism, Judaism, Islam, Atheism etc etc learned in the same classroom and played in the same playground then maybe the 'mutants' would have less of an audience for their vile hatred and ignorance.  Idealistic nonsense I know but what is so wrong about discussing it ?  Why does the mere suggestion unleash such anger in people ? I wish I got it but I don't and it really depresses me about our country.

I just can’t take anyone seriously that blame anti catholic behaviour on catholic schools exciting in 2022

You can try and sugarcoat it anyway you want but that’s exactly what you’re doing… and FYI it’s not only Catholics who go to a catholic school. 

Edit: It’s wild people are more interested in closing these schools hoping the issue goes away rather than tackling the issue at the source 

Edited by Clown Job

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

I just can’t take anyone seriously that blame anti catholic behaviour on catholic schools exciting in 2022

You can try and sugarcoat it anyway you want but that’s exactly what you’re doing… and FYI it’s not only Catholics who go to a catholic school. 

Edit: It’s wild people are more interested in closing these schools hoping the issue goes away rather than tackling the issue at the source 

But the original point that started this debate never blamed anti-catholic behaviour on catholic schools. It was someone's personal experience of knowing people that attended a catholic school and how that seemed to increase an ill-feeling and resulted in sectarianism towards Rangers fans. It was not an example of anti-catholic behaviour, it was an example of anti-protestant behaviour.

57 minutes ago, AJF said:

But the original point that started this debate never blamed anti-catholic behaviour on catholic schools. It was someone's personal experience of knowing people that attended a catholic school and how that seemed to increase an ill-feeling and resulted in sectarianism towards Rangers fans. It was not an example of anti-catholic behaviour, it was an example of anti-protestant behaviour.

WOW,I'm sure you can see that works both ways and doesn't need to be posted.
We live in a cosmopolitan country where we have all sorts of race and religion it has no skin to what team you support,sectarian behavior is a mindset not what school you went to.   

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

WOW,I'm sure you can see that works both ways and doesn't need to be posted.
We live in a cosmopolitan country where we have all sorts of race and religion it has no skin to what team you support,sectarian behavior is a mindset not what school you went to.   

Of course I know it works both ways, I was merely pointing out that the original debate was not a case of "Catholic schools are responsible for anti-Catholic sectarianism" which is how it was painted.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Of course I know it works both ways, I was merely pointing out that the original debate was not a case of "Catholic schools are responsible for anti-Catholic sectarianism" which is how it was painted.

For me I think it’s a case of Catholic schools not being the problem but more integration being part of the solution. However it’s understandable that people would be annoyed that they should change because of other people intolerances.

Edited by gannonball

13 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

He actually did give the Vs 

Was a weird incident. Ran over to Hart, got a video with him which led to him being booed by the Dons fans.

He then sprinted over to the ****, gave them the Vs whilst calling them "fucking wankers" or similar. Then ran back in to the south stand to some applause.

I’ve seen a video that someone took from the South Stand, and no idea why in this day and age other fans will applaud a complete lunatic doing what he did. It was the same when some eejit ran the length of the pitch at one of the European matches this season literally giving thousands of pounds from Aberdeen to UEFA. 

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Fully integrated, fully secular schooling with comparative religious studies teaching respect for all faiths and none would be one way of tackling the issue at source. 

12 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Fully integrated, fully secular schooling with comparative religious studies teaching respect for all faiths and none would be one way of tackling the issue at source. 

You say that as if teaching respect for all faiths isn’t taught at Catholic schools 

They ain’t the source for anti catholic behaviour in Scotland 

22 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

The schools or the kids are not the ‘source’ of bigotry ffs.

Edited by gannonball

20 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

You need to tackle the knuckle dragger parents at home, mate. They’re the problem.

20 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

There are Catholic schools in England and probably most other counties in the world. Why is it only an issue in Scotland?

I thought that was our worst performance for a while against Aberdeen, If they hadnt shipped 2 easy goals I think we would maybe have struggled to win that game. Though we do have plenty players now who can step up. It just a flat performance from us but not unexpected. There was always going to be a drop in focus around now.