Celtic v Dundee

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Dundee used to be at sixes and seven under McPake. I’m still not convinced about McGhee but he will at least have us better organised.

Let’s not forget however McGhee has the record for the biggest SPFL loss as Aberdeen boss ironically away to Celtic.

Aside from that will he have had enough time to better organise them?

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Let’s not forget however McGhee has the record for the biggest SPFL loss as Aberdeen boss ironically away to Celtic.

Aside from that will he have had enough time to better organise them?

Valid point, well made but even most managers of Aberdeen don’t bother that much about Aberdeen……or at least it looks that way since the Nothern Lights were switched off in the ‘80s.

32 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Dundee used to be at sixes and seven under McPake. I’m still not convinced about McGhee but he will at least have us better organised.

Mark McGhee's teams weren't really known for being well organised, were they? Certainly weren't when Celtic were putting 9 past his Aberdeen side or us 4 before HT away to Motherwell.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mark McGhee's teams weren't really known for being well organised, were they? Certainly weren't when Celtic were putting 9 past his Aberdeen side or us 4 before HT away to Motherwell.

Did he not go baws oot every game? Like 3 up top? Although that might be a bit tricky for us with 2 fit strikers.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Did he not go baws oot every game? Like 3 up top? Although that might be a bit tricky for us with 2 fit strikers.

That was the Calderwood way certainly. Not sure it was McGhee's style.

Time to call in the big guns @capt_oats

42 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m still not convinced about McGhee but he will at least have us better organised.

Why? Because he's old?

His career suggests he won't.

59 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I said McGhee will have us better organised.  Are you forgetting already  it was McPake he was replacing?  

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why? Because he's old?

His career suggests he won't.

Because  he’s not McPake.  I honestly thought McPake’s line ups were some of the most bizarre I have ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I said McGhee will have us better organised.  Are you forgetting already  it was McPake he was replacing?  

Because  he’s not McPake.  I honestly thought McPake’s line ups were some of the most bizarre I have ever seen.

Are you forgetting it's Mark McGhee that's replaced McPake?

39 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That was the Calderwood way certainly. Not sure it was McGhee's style.

Time to call in the big guns @capt_oats

McGhee?

Season 07/08 it was a 433.

2nd time around was a bit different.

Ironically his first game in charge was a 1-0 loss to Celtic at Fir Park. It was obviously far earlier in the season than it is for you guys but he spent the first couple of games 'experimenting' eg: that game against Celtic he tried Louis Laing as a holding mid.

He eventually settled on a kind of lop-sided 442 with Moult and McDonald as the two strikers and Marvin Johnson as an advanced winger and a narrow midfield 3 of Pearson, Lasley and Chris Cadden.

Later in the season it became more a 433 with Moult, McDonald and Johnson all rotating as a fluid 3.

He was prone to doing absolutely weird shit though. The one that stands out is him re-jigging the team for a game against ICT where out of nowhere he dropped Moult, went 4231 and played McDonald as the lone striker with Pearson as a #10.

We lost.

There was also playing Stevie Hammell at right back when we lost 6-0 at Tynecastle.

Anyway, by the by, I mentioned it the other day in either your or the new manager thread he was in charge the last time we beat Celtic. It was at Parkhead too.

Spoiler
Edited by capt_oats