Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

34 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Ukrainians are still shooting down planes - a couple of fighters shot down today.

As far as i've seen the only things confirmed downed today were 2 x Su-25 close air support planes(Frogfoot is the Nato name for all the romantics @williemillersmoustache) and a Mi-8 Helicopter that was most likely looking for one of the pilots. No idea what downed them but if I was to have a punt I'd say manpad.

A moment of levity for me earlier. Was reading an article about Thermobaric weapons

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/01/what-are-thermobaric-weapons-and-how-do-they-work

.......they mention the word aerosol several times.

I genuinely cant see that word in a newspaper article without hearing it in my head as a word spoken in an uber posh Glasgow accent and hearing "arsehole" 🤣

Mebbe just me..................

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

A moment of levity for me earlier. Was reading an article about Thermobaric weapons

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/01/what-are-thermobaric-weapons-and-how-do-they-work

.......they mention the word aerosol several times.

I genuinely cant see that word in a newspaper article without hearing it in my head as a word spoken in an uber posh Glasgow accent and hearing "arsehole" 🤣

Mebbe just me..................

“No, it’s for my oxters”

Appreciate this may be a tad political for this thread, but I dont think we can ignore the cunty way "we" are approaching the Ukraine refugees, and also the pathetic way "our" sanctions stack up v the ones the EU are imposing -

The last time Russian wheat exports were limited it was due to a very poor Siberian harvest in 2010. Within months global wheat prices doubled. In areas heavily dependent on Russian wheat, such as North Africa and the Middle East they tripled. The rise in the cost of bread fueled instability which blazed with the Arab Spring.

It's not a water-tight analysis, but a decent parable about unintended consequences. A hundred stones have just been chucked into the pond.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

The last time Russian wheat exports were limited it was due to a very poor Siberian harvest in 2010. Within months global wheat prices doubled. In areas heavily dependent on Russian wheat, such as North Africa and the Middle East they tripled. The rise in the cost of bread fueled instability which blazed with the Arab Spring.

It's not a water-tight analysis, but a decent parable about unintended consequences. A hundred stones have just been chucked into the pond.

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

patridge-alan.gif

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

55 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

When I was walking home the buskers on Buchanan Street were playing Kalinka.

Presume they are in jail now. 

Reveal hidden contents

Was a very odd choice though. 

I hope so, some of them are dreadful. At least we can’t hear them in jail.

22 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Yesterday diesel was 154.9 p/litre.

Today it was 169.9/litre

Last Friday it was 149.9/litre

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I hope so, some of them are dreadful. At least we can’t hear them in jail.

The real jail torture would be letting them keep their instruments.  The other inmates would be found hanging before next sunrise.