Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

9 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I see the emphasis on saving the planet has shifted in a different direction.  What has happened to Greta T?  Can anyone say if Extinction Rebellion (what an appropriate name) are headed for Ukraine to glue themselves to Russian tanks?

Insulate Britain have in my view been entirely vindicated by our present crisis. You might not like them or agree with their methods but their basic argument was correct.

8 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I see the emphasis on saving the planet has shifted in a different direction.  What has happened to Greta T?  Can anyone say if Extinction Rebellion (what an appropriate name) are headed for Ukraine to glue themselves to Russian tanks?

Germany at least will be going back to coal big style, probably too late to save their nuclear power stations, the dummkopfs..

It was 26. The US state department had details of the labs on their websites but deleted it at the beginning of the war. The NED have also deleted all the details of the money they have invested in Ukraine. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

In fairness I suppose you're having to go the extra mile what with@Steve55 on the scene these days.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

McDonalds are closing their 850 restaurants in Russia.

I can remember watching the opening of the first McDs in the then Soviet Union on the news. I’m old.

I was there back in 83 when Andropov was still in power, Moscow was pretty grim and I remember seeing all this excitement and a huge queue forming in one of the parks, it was none other than a Coca Cola vending machine that had just been installed and this was highlight of the century as western goods were almost impossible to get a hold of unless you were in the politburo and had access to the dollar shops.

It looks like they may be going back to that shortly.....

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I can remember watching the opening of the first McDs in the then Soviet Union on the news. I’m old.

Its hard to believe a fast food outlet could attract so many people.first-mcdonald-restaurant-opens-soviet-union-moscow-russia-1900-45-5b963cb5a4de8__700.jpg.a350d135cf44f61c8bb20d2acf0eb6d9.jpg

Just now, Welly boy said:

Its hard to believe a fast food outlet could attract so many people.first-mcdonald-restaurant-opens-soviet-union-moscow-russia-1900-45-5b963cb5a4de8__700.jpg.a350d135cf44f61c8bb20d2acf0eb6d9.jpg

Used to work 2 entrances aswell one for western Imperialist dogs with baron greenbacks and the rouble using side 

10 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Reminds me of Kilbirnie when Eastern Delights became our first ever Kebab shop around 1991

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm a Burger King fan but this is class.  

12 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I've just read an article about all the closed shops in Moscow's biggest shopping centre, I can only assume that these retailers must think Glasgow is in Russia....

Some of my best pals are Burger King fans.
I have nothing against them, but I wish they would stop marching down my street playing their flutes.

Are Patrick thistle KFC in all this?