Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

The fact that you [mention=37891]WhiteRoseKillie[/mention] believe that ordinary Ukranians have more of a say than Oligarchs and the USA government is a sign of complete idiocy and delusion.
Forgetting all the evidence of US influence and the role of Kolomoisky how do you explain the Ukranian public having the agency to choose to fight a war when in the UK the public has no control over anything?
"Fact"? You have attributed a statement to me that I never made. Wee hint: don't lie so blatantly if you want to be taken seriously.

Some level of victim blaming going on here. Russia is murdering men, women and children indiscriminately and it's Ukraine's fault for not surrendering?
Who here is saying that?

The comments about a peace deal are dealing with the realpolitik of the situation not some romanticised fantasy solution.

Even the Ukrainians have accepted this or they wouldn't be negotiating.

Bald and Bankrupt is a questionable creep.

That’s true, but besides his occasional leering behaviour towards women in his videos, and unconfirmed stories of his past, his content is still very good to watch.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Maybe this is just the type of people that Grigor knows and there are actually some useful people leaving too. 

Yeah, this is a dickhead comment. The sort of people I've encountered who come out with this tired crap are usually oil and gas industry cliches with private reg Audis. There are people who make a ton of cash selling derivatives or making cluster bombs, but let's be the textbook gammon Da and have a go at what are at worst harmless occupations that don't have a glaringly obvious functional utility. On a football forum. 

Edited by Andre Bo

8 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Is this you just being contrarian again?

Aye, that shell that hit flat 37B on the 13th floor was targeted........oh and sorry for shooting  the family crossing the road to escape the shelling...i was just cleaning my rifle. 

The world's most technologically sophisticated and highest-funded military can't even avoid killing its own allies in a live-fire combat zone, yet here you are claiming that Russian soldiers are deliberately murdering civilians for a laugh.

The Russian army can't stop its tanks being captured by Ukrainian farmers according to the Western meme narrative, yet its artillery is expected to be sophisticated enough to hit military targets only in an urban battleground.

The level of cognitive dissonance on display is off the scale. 

Edited by vikingTON

The world's most technologically sophisticated and highest-funded military can't even avoid killing its own allies in a live-fire combat zone, yet here you are claiming that Russian soldiers are deliberately murdering civilians for a laugh.
The Russian army can't stop its tanks being captured by Ukrainian farmers according to the Western meme narrative, yet its artillery is expected to be sophisticated enough to hit military targets only in an urban battleground.
The level of cognitive dissonance on display is off the scale. 
There is a difference between hitting constantly advancing forces and static targets.

Who here is saying that?

The comments about a peace deal are dealing with the realpolitik of the situation not some romanticised fantasy solution.

Even the Ukrainians have accepted this or they wouldn't be negotiating.
Precisely this and anyone calling that "victim blaming" ought to join a screechy Facebook group on the subject. In the absence of mass intervention from NATO, Ukraine are faced with finding the balance between fighting forever, seeing their country and people shelled into oblivion, and making some concessions to Russia in return for them ceasing an invasion Ukraine are unable to stop/reverse.

Some of the moralising on here is really confusing me. I cant accept that there are people who are unable to look past what they think is right as the only outcome anyone can call for.

Thankfully, I am sure damage limitation is a consideration for Zelensky, despite the wishes of millions of Westerners who have rushed onto social media to make memes and keep score.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Precisely this and anyone calling that "victim blaming" ought to join a screechy Facebook group on the subject. In the absence of mass intervention from NATO, Ukraine are faced with finding the balance between fighting forever, seeing their country and people shelled into oblivion, and making some concessions to Russia in return for them ceasing an invasion Ukraine are unable to stop/reverse.

Some of the moralising on here is really confusing me. I cant accept that there are people who are unable to look past what they think is right as the only outcome anyone can call for.

Thankfully, I am sure damage limitation is a consideration for Zelensky, despite the wishes of millions of Westerners who have rushed onto social media to make memes and keep score.

This was his take yesterday, definitely gonna be on his mind but he's got his no goes out there. 

Screenshot_20220321-185840.png

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Another point to add about the casualties - it seems that Russias best trained, most motivated units have taken the brunt of the casualties. VDV (airborne), National Guard spetsnaz, Naval Infantry. These guys are having heavy losses. Russia will find it hard to rotate equally capable soldiers on the next stage of their war.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Of course he has. If he was willing to cede everything we wouldn't be seeing a war..... 

It's a tough one to get round given the Russians are unlikely to accept no territory.  

Hopefully they can agree on something to at least get a ceasefire relatively soon

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Another point to add about the casualties - it seems that Russias best trained, most motivated units have taken the brunt of the casualties. VDV (airborne), National Guard spetsnaz, Naval Infantry. These guys are having heavy losses. Russia will find it hard to rotate equally capable soldiers on the next stage of their war.

The VDV are just for show.  

1 hour ago, Andre Bo said:

Yeah, this is a dickhead comment. The sort of people I've encountered who come out with this tired crap are usually oil and gas industry cliches with private reg Audis. There are people who make a ton of cash selling derivatives or making cluster bombs, but let's be the textbook gammon Da and have a go at what are at worst harmless occupations that don't have a glaringly obvious functional utility. On a football forum. 

^^ arsehole comment.

I was beastly wasn't i. I hope the poor management consultants get over my absolute horridness. 

You fanny