Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think Dugin is as important a figure as some would have people believe. Reports today say he’s an advisor to Putin, I’m not sure he is or ever has been. I’m sure he likes to say he is or have others say it.

According to this he was more influential on Steve Bannon's pals in the West than domestically.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/alexander-dugin-darya-putin-russia-ukraine-assassination

He's never been shy about expressing his wish for Russia to follow a fascist path.

https://www.stephenhicks.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/DuginA-Fascism-Borderless-Red.pdf

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think Dugin is as important a figure as some would have people believe. Reports today say he’s an advisor to Putin, I’m not sure he is or ever has been. I’m sure he likes to say he is or have others say it.

A few people I follow say he has never even met Putin.

Apparently everyone in Ukraine and Russia believes Zaporihzhia NPP is going to blow this week with high volumes of people trying to get away from Kiev, Crimea and near by parts of Russia. It's scary it's came to this and hopefully France and Germany are trying to resolve the situation.

On 20/08/2022 at 23:10, ICTChris said:

Unsure if I should share but Dugin has been photographed at the scene.

Hide contents

C238AF82-8040-4997-A73A-C4850F9D583B.thumb.png.92105f1da7cfa18e076ff6dc7a935b16.png

[\spoiler]

I imagine it all seems a bit more of a laugh when it's not you and your family getting blown up.

The Russians have published photographs of the iD of the person they accuse of the Dugina bombing.

This says she is a member of the Azov Regiment.  The FSB are claiming she bombed Dugina after trailing her for several weeks in a Mini with multiple number plates and having disabled the CCTV.  She then drove to Estonia and escaped over the border.  Seems legit.

Thread by journalist and author on the "we are incompetent" line taken to explain away incompetence by the Kremlin.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The Russians have published photographs of the iD of the person they accuse of the Dugina bombing.

This says she is a member of the Azov Regiment.  The FSB are claiming she bombed Dugina after trailing her for several weeks in a Mini with multiple number plates and having disabled the CCTV.  She then drove to Estonia and escaped over the border.  Seems legit.

Thread by journalist and author on the "we are incompetent" line taken to explain away incompetence by the Kremlin.

Did she leave that lying about, bit silly!

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I've obviously got no idea if she did it or not but driving through the border post with Estonia is hardly far fetched. 

And if that story indicates incompetence what do the Manchester Bomber or Boston Bomber official narratives show? Tsarnev was on a terror watchlist and reentered the USA without a passport. Salman Abedi was known to be a member of an Islamic terror group and was flying around Europe during a period with frequent terror attacks no questions asked. 

People should obviously scrutinise Russia but it's maybe more useful to start closer to home. 

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The Russians have published photographs of the iD of the person they accuse of the Dugina bombing. This says she is a member of the Azov Regiment.  The FSB are claiming she bombed Dugina after trailing her for several weeks in a Mini with multiple number plates and having disabled the CCTV.  She then drove to Estonia and escaped over the border.  Seems legit....

Estonia is a very long drive from Moscow and has recently stopped allowing Russian citizens in so she would need to have used a Ukrainian passport. Sounds like a very risky getaway plan but I know you are being sarcastic. What exactly is going on in Sevastopol today, if anything, is probably what's more interesting today though:

Edited by LongTimeLurker

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Estonia is a very long drive from Moscow and has recently stopped allowing Russian citizens in so she would need to have used a Ukrainian passport. Sounds like a very risky getaway plan but I know you are being sarcastic. What exactly is going on in Sevastopol today, if anything, is probably what's more interesting today though:

It's like driving from Dundee to Dover.

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Estonia is a very long drive from Moscow and has recently stopped allowing Russian citizens in so she would need to have used a Ukrainian passport.

They're claiming she she switched her car plates to Ukrainian ones to get across the border.