Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

22 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Mongolia ain't going to arrest Putin they have strong links with China and Russia and a lot of the population support him. Same as here in Thailand, Russians get better visa privileges than EU countries and  down Phuket way is full o the c***s. Also India especially north Goa is flooded with them .  Modi and the press seem to like Putin too as the coverage on the news stations is always sympathetic to his murderous ways.

Is that where they go their holidays now? They don't seem as omnipresent as they were in European resorts. Although, I go to Turkey next week and there was still a few there two years ago.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is that where they go their holidays now? They don't seem as omnipresent as they were in European resorts. Although, I go to Turkey next week and there was still a few there two years ago.

In Thailand the locals despise them as they are really arrogant and treat staff like shit. Obviously not all the russian tourists are that bad but the young guys definitely the majority are c***s. A lot of ladies in the girly bars give them a wide berth too. Any dealings I've had with them usually involves drunken steroid munching monsters getting wide. Think they just have a very macho culture like a Millwall in the 80s vibe.

On 01/09/2024 at 14:39, dirty dingus said:

In Thailand the locals despise them as they are really arrogant and treat staff like shit. Obviously not all the russian tourists are that bad but the young guys definitely the majority are c***s. A lot of ladies in the girly bars give them a wide berth too. Any dealings I've had with them usually involves drunken steroid munching monsters getting wide. Think they just have a very macho culture like a Millwall in the 80s vibe.

This is how they are pretty much everywhere. Every time I've witnessed trouble in the street in Berlin, it's been some roided-up Ivan either battering the missus, having a go at a local for having the temerity to intervene when Ivan has been attempting to batter the missus, or a pair or triumvirate of Ivans just generally being p***ks and annoying everyone.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Not sure if this is entirely the right thread but the US Department of Justice has charged and sanctioned a number of Russian state media organisations.  The documents charge that a media organisation, Tenet Media, used Russian money to promote a number of content creators who pushed viewpoints favoured by the Russian government.  The creators included Tim Pool, Dave Rubin and Benny Johnson.  The company was run by Lauren Chen, another right wing social media figure.  The documents state that she and her husband knowingly took $10m from Russian agents to promote these views.  Several of the content people have said that they were decieved and I don't think there's evidence that they knew they were being paid with Russian money, although apparently some of them were being paid $100,000s of dollars to produce windbag podcasts.  Who did they think was paying them?

The old meme says it best

r/2westerneurope4u - Whenever I see someone describing himself as "anti-establisment"...

14 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

If only there was a very easy way that Russia could de-escalate this whole situation immediately.

Yeah, I don't think theygoing to do that though, do you?

10 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Putin says we are all getting blown up if any NATO long range weapons are used by Ukraine attacking targets in Russia 

That’s easy, just tell him for every Russian missile or bomb that hits a civilian target, we’ll ship another deep strike weapon to Ukraine to use against Russia. You stop hiring civilian targets, we stop the deep strike weapons.

Russian fighter jets hit a civilian ship carrying grain in the Black Sea.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2024/09/civilian-grain-ship-hit-by-russian-kh-22-missile-in-black-sea/

There’s also fighting ongoing in Kursk, with Russia launching a counter offensive in the region but Ukraine holding back and even retaking a couple of settlements.