Hibernian v Celtic 27.02

13 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Big Porto immense again. They won’t want to acknowledge that though. emoji41.png

Aye he’s a great player. Never doubted the big guy but spare a thought for poor wee Kevin Clancy! 

Never mind we have Rebs singing Don Robertson. There will be no ‘Penalty to Rangers’ today

7 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

The boy Maeda is hopeless too.

Think Hatate isn't great as well tbh but he'll get a bye for a while because of his goals against Rangers. O'Riley on the other hand should never be out the team from what I've seen. Excellent player. 

10 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Think Hatate isn't great as well tbh but he'll get a bye for a while because of his goals against Rangers. O'Riley on the other hand should never be out the team from what I've seen. Excellent player. 

The only Celtic midfielder who was constantly looking to get on the ball today was McGregor and although it’s never in doubt that McGregor is a good Scottish Premiership midfielder, he’s not going to score or create a goal in a tight game such as today.

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Even at our worst Hibs don’t get a shot on target so i suppose that’s about the only positive to take.

We won’t play any worse that however a performance like that has been coming. Counting the days till Kyogo is back 

The Muppets Laughing GIFJohn Mulaney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Even at our worst Hibs don’t get a shot on target so i suppose that’s about the only positive to take.

We won’t play any worse that however a performance like that has been coming. Counting the days till Kyogo is back 

I take it you don't watch football on a Thursday night then? 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The only Celtic midfielder who was constantly looking to get on the ball today was McGregor and although it’s never in doubt that McGregor is a good Scottish Premiership midfielder, he’s not going to score or create a goal in a tight game such as today.

Yeah I agree McGregor is a top player I was just meaning i really rate O'Riley more than their other January signings. McGregor will never give the ball away but you do need guys like O'Riley or whoever to take a risk and try a difficult pass. 

I think McGregor is less likely to be involved going forward in games like today when he has to be mainly defensive and protect the back 4 and is less likely to be involved in breaks or counter attacks. He has the ability to score and create but he was mostly getting the ball around the halfway line today, the attacking responsibility is on Rogic or Hatate . It's different when it's at Celtic Park at home to County or Dundee where he's on the edge of the opposition box for a big part of the game. 

9 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Yeah I agree McGregor is a top player I was just meaning i really rate O'Riley more than their other January signings. McGregor will never give the ball away but you do need guys like O'Riley or whoever to take a risk and try a difficult pass. 

I think McGregor is less likely to be involved going forward in games like today when he has to be mainly defensive and protect the back 4 and is less likely to be involved in breaks or counter attacks. He has the ability to score and create but he was mostly getting the ball around the halfway line today, the attacking responsibility is on Rogic or Hatate . It's different when it's at Celtic Park at home to County or Dundee where he's on the edge of the opposition box for a big part of the game. 

I’m sure @Jinky67 will confirm but has McGregor not only reached double figures in league goals only 1 season in his career and that was at Notts County ? That’s despite playing over a period of time when Celtic have, domestically, been totally dominant.

55 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

First points we have dropped since the start of the year, compare that to Rangers who have dropped 9 points since then and had a number of turgid performances I’m a bit unsure how your logic works 

Turgid? 

You mean like hammering Hibs and Hearts?

Beating German Giants Dortmund away and drawing at home scoring 6 / 7 goals against them.

Only conceding one goal domestically in 4 games. 

Last week Rangers played exceptionally well and created many chances. Fair play to United as they rode their luck and were excellent in defence. I believe they broke the record for blocking shots. 1-1 is a disappointing result but performance was a million miles from being ‘turgid’

Quite happy with that, we are seriously getting battered with injuries, Macey was struggling at the end and if he’s fucked we could put together an XI of players unable to play (Macey; Hanlon, Clarke, McGinn; Magennis, Newell, Henderson, Mitchell; Scott, Nisbet, Melkersen).

(Henderson is a stretch because he was unavailable because of his loan today but don’t point that out.)

Can’t believe that I’m saying this but Drey Wright and Josh Campbell were pretty good, felt subbing him off was a bit strange and the same with Stevenson to be honest but it didn’t haunt us. I honestly think I must be watching a different game though with Jasper getting man of the match, felt he was our weak link today, he can be okay on the ball but he’s so slow and wasteful I find, only 20 so may go on to be okay but at the moment I just don’t get it.

47 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

0 shots on target to Celtic’s mammoth bombardment of the Hibs goal with shree shots on target all straight at the keeper.

Its absolutely mental that we go up to 4th with Dundee and St Johnstone in our next two, 6 points and we could be looking the passports out, mental given the season we’ve had.

Just now, AB1872 said:

Turgid? 

You mean like hammering Hibs and Hearts?

Beating German Giants Dortmund away and drawing at home scoring 6 / 7 goals against them.

Only conceding one goal domestically in 4 games. 

Last week Rangers played exceptionally well and created many chances. Fair play to United as they rode their luck and were excellent in defence. I believe they broke the record for blocking shots. 1-1 is a disappointing result but performance was a million miles from being ‘turgid’

I said since the start of the year or are you suggesting the performances against Celtic and Ross County were acceptable?

51 minutes ago, Buckets said:

It’s the 1st poor performance Hatate has had. He’s generally been excellent in every game he has started in