Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

37 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

You need to lie stuff over the rails not hang them on it. Should work OK but you don't get as much in right enough.

I had considered that but then I'd barely get anything on the fucker! Would take just as long to dry everything given I'd have to do it in batches and the wet stuff would have to be hung up elsewhere whilst waiting its turn.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I had considered that but then I'd barely get anything on the fucker! Would take just as long to dry everything given I'd have to do it in batches and the wet stuff would have to be hung up elsewhere whilst waiting its turn.

I usually just launch the rest on top of it.

4 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

I've got the JML dri buddy and it's the fucking kitty's tittys.  Can dry a pair of wet chainsaw cutting trousers in just over an hour and a half roughly

Had one of them before we got a tumble  drier, they do work very well. Pretty sure it’s still sat in my loft. 

48 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bought a dehumidifier and it definitely makes a difference. One load of washing and the tray fills up a couple of times.

If you use a dehumidifier it will do this regardless of drying clothes indoors.  I have had one in my house for years and it can collect about 5 ltr of water in a few hours.

3 hours ago, strichener said:

If you use a dehumidifier it will do this regardless of drying clothes indoors.  I have had one in my house for years and it can collect about 5 ltr of water in a few hours.

Yes sorry what I meant was that the clothes definitely dry quicker with it on. Tested it with and without and it made a difference, particularly in terms of not having that damp clothes smell.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why TF is the price of diesel going back up? Mid September it was down to around £171.9/litre now its back to £184.9.

I would need to check but I'm guessing because oil bounced and the pound dipped?

Why TF is the price of diesel going back up? Mid September it was down to around 171.9/litre now its back to 184.9.
Tesco near me, filling station has closed temporarily for refurbishment. Only other garage in the town is a jet. Diesel now £1.90.9
Fekn gougers.

Another 8.2bn pounds of profit announced for Shell, this QUARTER.

No need for a windfall tax tho. We all pay instead.

It’s wild. However, it’s also wild that the likes of the banks are getting away with also making ridiculous profits and nothing being suggested about a windfall tax on them. Especially considering oil and gas companies already pay a larger tax percentage

47 minutes ago, Aufc said:

the banks are getting away with also making ridiculous profits and nothing being suggested about a windfall tax on them. 

Wrong on both counts.

Banks' profits have been suppressed for well over a decade due to the low interest rates.  If the base rate is 0.1%, you can't make any money on savings.  The increasing normalisation of interest rates just brings bank net interest margin towards a normal level. I'm not saying we should have sympathy for them, but to say they are making ridiculous profits is, well, ridiculous.

And there is loads of press about imposing a 'windfall' tax on them, which of course would be very popular.  Banks already do pay an additional 8% tax on profits.

20 minutes ago, Gnash said:

Wrong on both counts.

Banks' profits have been suppressed for well over a decade due to the low interest rates.  If the base rate is 0.1%, you can't make any money on savings.  The increasing normalisation of interest rates just brings bank net interest margin towards a normal level. I'm not saying we should have sympathy for them, but to say they are making ridiculous profits is, well, ridiculous.

And there is loads of press about imposing a 'windfall' tax on them, which of course would be very popular.  Banks already do pay an additional 8% tax on profits.

If you think a net profit margin of 30% is suppressed then you are living in an alternative universe.

Ordered my biomass pellets for the 1st time since April. Decided it was time to put the heating on. Price is now £535 per 1 tonne pallet. That has risen from £295 for the same amount in December last year.
H.T.F is wooden pellets affected by energy prices (apart of course from delivery costs)?

Ordered my biomass pellets for the 1st time since April. Decided it was time to put the heating on. Price is now £535 per 1 tonne pallet. That has risen from £295 for the same amount in December last year.
H.T.F is wooden pellets affected by energy prices (apart of course from delivery costs)?
Production presumably involves energy

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Production presumably involves energy

And supply and demand.  More people buying pellets.