The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

Glad we've re-established that the folk complaining about an unrepentant rapist are the real villains of the piece  :blink:

I'd quite warmed to Clyde during our whole Barry Ferguson shitshow, but WTAF. It's genuinely hard imagine that message coming from another team's supporters club. Well, you know, apart from the obvious.

29 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

No smoke without fire, but will anyone really know other than the 3 there that night. Anyway my opinion is irrelevant as we go with what law states. He was never taken to criminal court so in the eyes of that court he is not. 

Anyway now that he has moved on, let's see what public outcry there is and outcry from Val and her pal Nicola. This should make tonight's Scottish news but I doubt it will as Val won't care the same way she didn't give a jot when he played against us.

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I'm not overly sure what else the club could've done at this stage. Paid Goodwillie up in full today and then see him go to Clyde at the end of the season anyway? 

With full acknowledgement of the original sin, I think this is the most pragmatic solution available. I'm still amazed that Clyde have willingly taken him back, but that's hardly a matter of consideration for the Rovers board when the alternative is just giving him one of those big novelty cheques. 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

I'm not overly sure what else the club could've done at this stage. Paid Goodwillie up in full today and then see him go to Clyde at the end of the season anyway? 

With full acknowledgement of the original sin, I think this is the most pragmatic solution available. I'm still amazed that Clyde have willingly taken him back, but that's hardly a matter of consideration for the Rovers board when the alternative is just giving him one of those big novelty cheques. 

I agree. I’m just pointing out to that idiot that McDermid has indeed made her thoughts known and not ignored it like he claimed she would. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

See if you know f**k all about what has gone on, why offer an opinion? 

"All we know is two people had sex with a woman" isn't remotely accurate. If you read the case there is much more known about the evening, which is why a civil court judge was confident in saying he thought the woman was raped. 

No money has been paid to the victim. If you'd bothered to read her piece in the paper (that you reference in your post but clearly didn't bother to read because who cares about a poor wee rape victim) you'd know that and why. 

Again, if you had bothered to do even a wee bit of research you'd see that this is actually a very typical case of rape and how our justice system deals with it - numerous cases don't make criminal courts and it was only down to the victims determination that it had gone through a civil court. Most cases don't see any judge. 

It's nice you feel sorry for the victim whilst simultaneously hoping this all blows over, cause the poor wee lamb Goodwillie has suffered enough.

😳 Dearie me.......

Why did I offer an opinion? Because that's what people do on here, whether they know all about what they're posting about or not. I made it clear I'm only aware of the general overview, not the Mitty gritty of the matter.

I don't have a morbid fascination about this case, and I only know that the woman gave her side of things to the Sunday Post because I saw it on their front page when I was buying a different paper. I wasn't remotely interested in reading it, just as I wouldn't be interested in reading what either of the players have to say about it either.

That guff about me not caring about a "poor wee rape victim"? Grow up, FFS. I said in my post that what they did was disgraceful and that I feel sorry for the woman.

Your last para is out of order, though. I don't care at all about Goodwillie. My post was a dispassionate observation of the position as I see it as a mildly interested observer of this whole circus. It's your privilege to get wound up about it all if you feel the need - but don't twist my words.

2 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 Dearie me.......

Your profile page is shite these days, by the way.

Get back on whatever you were on years ago and get those c***s all telt.

I don't find it that amazing that we have people posting some outrageous stuff in relation Goodwillie mainly because it's a fairly anonymous football forum. But imagine putting your name to these comments, vile. 

Screenshot_20220301-161141.jpg

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

I don't find it that amazing that we have people posting some outrageous stuff in relation Goodwillie mainly because it's a fairly anonymous football forum. But imagine putting your name to these comments, vile. 

Screenshot_20220301-161141.jpg

I've noticed that Dundee United fans still absolutely adore him. There were more than enough jumping in saying that we were a joke and that they hoped he'd take us to town after signing us. Absolutely oddball behaviour. 

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

I've noticed that Dundee United fans still absolutely adore him. There were more than enough jumping in saying that we were a joke and that they hoped he'd take us to town after signing us. Absolutely oddball behaviour. 

Yeh odd behaviour, there are now more comments on there is equally mental nature from Rangers, Celtic and Hibs fans all united by their apparent lack of a brain.

57 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

No smoke without fire, but will anyone really know other than the 3 there that night.

Are you completely thick?

A judge, in a civil court, having heard all the evidence, issued a verdict; but you're still drivelling on about 'no smoke without fire'?!

Allowing for the deficiencies of the criminal justice in dealing with rape, that's as much as you're ever going to get. If it's good enough for most posters on here, why the f**k isn't it good enough for you?

No smoke without fire, but will anyone really know other than the 3 there that night. Anyway my opinion is irrelevant as we go with what law states. He was never taken to criminal court so in the eyes of that court he is not. 
Anyway now that he has moved on, let's see what public outcry there is and outcry from Val and her pal Nicola. This should make tonight's Scottish news but I doubt it will as Val won't care the same way she didn't give a jot when he played against us.
something deeply wrong with you

42 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Your profile page is shite these days, by the way.

Get back on whatever you were on years ago and get those c***s all telt.

😁 Yeah I was on a mission then all right - and , man, did those two gimps deserve all they got.

But times change and they've all but disappeared from P&B and the Morton board, so it wasn't really relevant any more. Sorry to disappoint you. 😁

Amazed Clyde want Goodwillie back, I know there was a bad smell in 2017 when he first signed for them but things have changed (#metoo) in the intervening 5 years and this time there'll be non-footballing folk aware too, it'll be far worse this time around -  wonder how Clyde's sponsors will fell about his return.

Double amazed Goodwillie wants to return to Clyde (or any Scottish club) now, I'd have thought he'd be better seeing out his RR contract in his garden or maybe moving abroad in the summer.

Almost inevitably Saturday's Clyde game is against Falkirk and another of Scottish footballs bad boys.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Yeh odd behaviour, there are now more comments on there is equally mental nature from Rangers, Celtic and Hibs fans all united by their apparent lack of a brain.

The only thing I'm surprised about is that you're surprised about this, to be honest.

Far too many knuckledraggers with access to the Internet.

3 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

The only thing I'm surprised about is that you're surprised about this, to be honest.

Far too many knuckledraggers with access to the Internet.

True I guess.

51 minutes ago, btb said:

Amazed Clyde want Goodwillie back, I know there was a bad smell in 2017 when he first signed for them but things have changed (#metoo) in the intervening 5 years and this time there'll be non-footballing folk aware too, it'll be far worse this time around -  wonder how Clyde's sponsors will fell about his return.

Double amazed Goodwillie wants to return to Clyde (or any Scottish club) now, I'd have thought he'd be better seeing out his RR contract in his garden or maybe moving abroad in the summer.

Almost inevitably Saturday's Clyde game is against Falkirk and another of Scottish footballs bad boys.

Don't really see how sponsors associated with Clyde can now be repulsed with this since he played there five years and they tolerated it.