The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

There was a Clyde supporting MSP on Radio Scotland expressing his disgust but also saying he'd heard Clyde fans singing in support of Goodwillie recently. He also said a significant section of the Raith support hadn't been bothered about signing him and some had even singing in support of him and against Val McDiarmid. Sounded a bit odd to me - can any Raith or Clyde fans confirm or deny?

12 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

IIRC it was well publicised at the time and did not "fly under the radar". Clyde were rightly criticised for signing him.

If the council's officials was not aware of that very obnoxious decision, they have very serious questions to answer.

In the real world not everyone is interested enough in football to put two and two together.

5 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

There was a Clyde supporting MSP on Radio Scotland expressing his disgust but also saying he'd heard Clyde fans singing in support of Goodwillie recently. He also said a significant section of the Raith support hadn't been bothered about signing him and some had even singing in support of him and against Val McDiarmid. Sounded a bit odd to me - can any Raith or Clyde fans confirm or deny?

All politicians are fucking odd.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

But there was a period of time where it had changed in the last few months. Society moves on, and rather than asking why it didn't sooner you should instead embrace positive change.

Unlike the opportunistic virtue-signallers, my opinions have not changed.

Clyde (or any club) should not have signed Goodwillie after the civil judgement against him.

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Who are you talking about?

Those who defend him because it was ‘never proven in a court of law’ and reckon that only the three people there know what happened. She was too buckled to consent, ergo it was rape. Plenty of Rovers fans sticking up for him in the rovers thread too.

Just now, ribzanelli said:

Those who defend him because it was ‘never proven in a court of law’ and reckon that only the three people there know what happened. She was too buckled to consent, ergo it was rape. Plenty of Rovers fans sticking up for him in the rovers thread too.

That's unacceptable.

24 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

All politicians are fucking odd.

29 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Was it John Mason? He's full of shit. He 'boycotted Clyde' for four or five games, but then was back at their matches before long. There's photos from his twitter where he's talking about great wins for Clyde when Goodwillie had been the goalscorer. He got called out on it on twitter, and he said he'd support the team rather than one player or some utter shite like that. 

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Definitely not seen anything about singing at Starks, one story about a lad with a banner that was taken down faster than he put it up at the first game but that’s it. Can’t comment on Clyde fans. 

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Definitely not seen anything about singing at Starks, one story about a lad with a banner that was taken down faster than he put it up at the first game but that’s it. Can’t comment on Clyde fans. 

Clyde fans at Bayview were chanting “Goodwillie he’s one of our own”, “We want Goodie back” on the Saturday after he signed for Raith. Looks like they have got their wish.

On the same day at Starks Park there were reports on here of a banner in support of Goodwillie and strip worn with his name on the back. 

It would suggest not everyone thinks he is bad news

2 minutes ago, Darkness78 said:

Clyde fans at Bayview were chanting “Goodwillie he’s one of our own”, “We want Goodie back” on the Saturday after he signed for Raith. Looks like they have got their wish.

On the same day at Starks Park there were reports on here of a banner in support of Goodwillie and strip worn with his name on the back. 

It would suggest not everyone thinks he is bad news

Believe the banner and number/name was the same person but I didn’t see it myself so someone else will need to confirm. There’s definitely folk that don’t think it was bad news, you just have to look through our own thread. Sadly there’ll be this element at every club just some have a larger percentage than others. 

7 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Speak for you own club.

Jags fans have regarded Goodwillie as a scumbag after the court case.

This is between me & you.

Irrelevant to my point that the issue had missed by many non-footballing folk (which is clearly the case) and that it was a foolish move by Clyde to re-sign Goodwillie as the calendar can't be turned back to January.

Edited by btb

Plenty, utter tosh, mayby the odd one who was put in their place.

12 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Tbh Val needs to pipe down. It's not her club anymore, she has the woman's team named after her.

I think that's utter pish tbh. Has Val not supported Raith for much of her life? It's her club as much as it's yours and if she's still pissed off about being fucked over and lied to then she's within her rights to say whatever the f**k she wants. The fact she now puts time and money into another club is irrelevant. 

13 hours ago, stevoraith said:

A chunk of his wage will now be paid for by someone other than us and if that article is to be believed he’ll be off to Clyde permanently in the summer and we won’t have to pay him at all any more.

If he does join Clyde permanently at the end of the season Raith will no doubt still have to give him a decent pay off to go, whether that’s topping up his weekly wage until the end of his contract or just paying him a lump sum. He isn’t going to just optionally walk away from a wage rumoured to be over a grand a week until May 2024 to take up his old part time wage at Clyde again.

He is still the only winner in this whole saga, now he gets go back to Clyde a richer man to be idolised by a bunch of morons for the final few years of his career.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge