The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

Criminal court said 'insufficient evidence', in our justice system that is what counts. Therefore sorry, he isnt a 'rapist', unless proven in criminal court. That's what I base things on.
For me, innocent until proven guilty (in criminal court). 
If there is a problem with the justice system,  then why haven't you raised it with your MP? Actually done something about it, start a protest march, anything, I don't know, but continually moaning about this case on here achieves nothing. Label him what you want, but means nothing until proven in criminal trial. 
Campaign for a change in the justice system if you feel there is a problem? Do you though? Bet you do nowt, suprise suprise. Civil court is not the same as much as you want it to be. 

He’s a rapist. He raped someone. Fact.

No criminal conviction, therefore no jail sentence, moan all you want about civil case, but its not the same. If it was meaningful, he would have served an actual jail sentence. He didn't. 

Does the system need to change? Now that's another matter. If so and you obviously care about such issues (otherwise why post?) what are you actually doing about it? Anything? Be honest? 

Nothing I reckon! So nothing changes. Either do something to change the system or stop moaning about whether justice is served or not.

It also comes down to forgiveness. Should people be forgiven or not? How long does a person not be given another chance in society? Obviously you feel he should be damned forevermore. I don't. Yet that's "reprehensible".

How many years should he be ostracised for? Yet, if this Civil case served justice, why are you annoyed by it? 

OK, so you obviously feel civil case didn't serve justice. What are you doing about it? Anything or nothing? Posting on a football forum isn't going to change anything you know. Carry on though as you obviously want to look down on me. For what exactly? 

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Criminal court said 'insufficient evidence', in our justice system that is what counts. Therefore sorry, he isnt a 'rapist', unless proven in criminal court. That's what I base things on.

If there is a problem with the justice system,  then why haven't you raised it with your MP? Actually done something about it, start a protest march, anything, I don't know, but continually moaning about this case on here achieves nothing. Label him what you want, but means nothing until proven in criminal trial. 

Campaign for a change in the justice system if you feel there is a problem? Do you though? Bet you do nowt, suprise suprise. Civil court is not the same as much as you want it to be. 

He's a rapist. Why don't you start a protest group to stop rapists being referred to as rapists.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Whoa there, cowboy! Let’s check that fact…er, nope. The Criminal Court said nothing of the sort, the Prosecutor decided to drop the charges for unclear reasons that they won’t address.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

You need to educate yourself and perhaps, just perhaps, you can rehabilitate yourself from the moron you apparently are. 

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

No criminal conviction, therefore no jail sentence, moan all you want about civil case, but its not the same. If it was meaningful, he would have served an actual jail sentence. He didn't. 

Does the system need to change? Now that's another matter. If so and you obviously care about such issues (otherwise why post?) what are you actually doing about it? Anything? Be honest? 

Nothing I reckon! So nothing changes. Either do something to change the system or stop moaning about whether justice is served or not.

It also comes down to forgiveness. Should people be forgiven or not? How long does a person not be given another chance in society? Obviously you feel he should be damned forevermore. I don't. Yet that's "reprehensible".

How many years should he be ostracised for? Yet, if this Civil case served justice, why are you annoyed by it? 

OK, so you obviously feel civil case didn't serve justice. What are you doing about it? Anything or nothing? Posting on a football forum isn't going to change anything you know. Carry on though as you obviously want to look down on me. For what exactly? 

Most of your post is tin-foil "sheeple" type nonsense, so its hard to follow, never mind reply to.

The last bit is easy, though. We're looking down on you for sticking up for a rapist.

Edited by Homer Thompson

3 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Most of your post is tin-foil "sheeple" type nonsense, so its hard to follow, never mind reply to.

The last bit is easy, though. We're looking down on you for sticking up for a racist.

Not you as well?

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Whoa there, cowboy! Let’s check that fact…er, nope. The Criminal Court said nothing of the sort, the Prosecutor decided to drop the charges for unclear reasons that they won’t address.

Well said. Saved me from typing something similar

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

What if the Prosecutor had good reason? Shouldn't we trust the criminal courts? Obviously not, mob justice is the way!! Just look at the pile on already!!

I'd rather go easy on a guilty person, than go nasty on someone who maybe innocent. Even if 1% chance. Just my way and a mob pile on wont change my thinking! Less hurt to possibly innocent people that way. Not that you lot consider that.

Support both ICT and Rangers, not that it should matter. Watch ICT by far the most. Pigeon hole me as well now, so what! 

8 minutes ago, Roland said:

What if the Prosecutor had good reason? Shouldn't we trust the criminal courts? Obviously not, mob justice is the way!! Just look at the pile on already!!

I'd rather go easy on a guilty person, than go nasty on someone who maybe innocent. Even if 1% chance. Just my way and a mob pile on wont change my thinking! Less hurt to possibly innocent people that way. Not that you lot consider that.

Support both ICT and Rangers, not that it should matter. Watch ICT by far the most. Pigeon hole me as well now, so what! 

"What if" doesn't cut it i'm afraid.

Factually we know that a total of four Senior Scottish Judges ruled him a rapist in a court of law. What an impotent wee creep like you thinks is, thankfully, utterly irrelevant. 

14 minutes ago, Roland said:

So, the criminal court system is infallible but the civil courts are irrelevant?

So, we're to accept the findings of the prosecutor, in a system where rape convictions are notoriously difficult to get. Findings that we cant read, instead of accepting the detailed, documented findings of an actual judge who examined the same evidence? Findings that three appeal judges agreed with.

Really? 

You're absolutely all over the place. Criminal courts are based on reasonable doubt. Sorry, but that isnt giving you the 99% certainty you crave. So, basically everyone is innocent in your eyes.

You're either drunk, an idiot or a horrible victim blaming, rapist apologist who thinks its all "lads lads lads" and she was asking for it

ETA - or a WUM. Either way, you wont be around much longer

Edited by Homer Thompson