Ross County v St Mirren 5/3/22

Robinson is going to have to get some results quick if he wants to force in a back 3.

To be honest, I don't think it was necessarily the back three that was the problem under Goodwin, it was the whole system, with it becoming a weird 3-1-6 in possession, which wasn't actually very attacking, and left us massively exposed at the back. Playing Fraser, Shaughnessy and Dunne all in the wrong place in the back three didn't help either.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Robinson is going to have to get some results quick if he wants to force in a back 3.

To be honest, I don't think it was necessarily the back three that was the problem under Goodwin, it was the whole system, with it becoming a weird 3-1-6 in possession, which wasn't actually very attacking, and left us massively exposed at the back. Playing Fraser, Shaughnessy and Dunne all in the wrong place in the back three didn't help either.

I heard from one of the coaches that Goodwin put Fraser out of position in the back three, as he thought Fraser was our best defender and the opposition right winger is usually (in Goodwin's mind) the greatest attacking threat. Therefore, it was our "best" defender up against the greatest attacking threat. This obviously led to the imbalance in defence. The players were far from comfortable with it and it was one of the factors that led to it being binned.

We can only hope that the system works with players in the correct position.

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I heard from one of the coaches that Goodwin put Fraser out of position in the back three, as he thought Fraser was our best defender and the opposition right winger is usually (in Goodwin's mind) the greatest attacking threat. Therefore, it was our "best" defender up against the greatest attacking threat. This obviously led to the imbalance in defence. The players were far from comfortable with it and it was one of the factors that led to it being binned.

For me Fraser was just two one footed to play there, he couldn't put the ball down the line and was always trying having to come back inside. It was like watching Gary Irvine at left back under Rae all over again.

Fraser is generally okay at dealing with trickier players as he's got a decent turn of pace on him (or did).

He's utterly dreadful at dealing with physical players and just resorts to holding onto them for dear life.

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Fraser is generally okay at dealing with trickier players as he's got a decent turn of pace on him (or did).

He's utterly dreadful at dealing with physical players and just resorts to holding onto them for dear life.

Weird way to spell 'Dunne' but whatever mate.

I'm honestly raging about this system thing. Has he even watched our games from this season?

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

That's fair enough too. Which is why you'd see Fraser sometimes starting on the left of the 3, pretty sure he did that against County in Paisley and got ripped by Hungbo.

Got to give Robinson time but we need results sooner rather than later. 

Awful. Just fucking awful. Get the back three so far into the fucking sea. 

Tait is never a wing back (which is weird because he wasn't a wingback last season or the season before either). Kiltie needs to play number 10. He's been a revelation since we put him there. 

It's just dogshit. I'm so pissed off.

Shit game so far. 

Charles Cook and Hungbo at half time saying that Harry Paton is the worst in the squad for mood swings - I wonder if they'll be witnesses for the prosecution in his forthcoming court case?