Songs, movies and shows that wouldn't be made nowadays

2 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Not sure Eazy-E’s vignette about raping and mutilating a transgender employee during an armed robbery would see the light of day these days.

But back to the bitches I'm peepin'
And then untie the hoe, so I can start creepin'
Took her to the backroom, about to jack
Cold trailed the bitch, with a gun in her back
I said: "Lay down, and unbutton your bra!"
There was the biggest titties that a nigga ever saw
I said: "Damn", then the air got thinner
Only thought in my mind, was goin' up in her
The suspense was makin' me sick
She took her panties down and the bitch had a dick
I said: "Damn", dropped the gat from my hand
(What I thought was a bitch, was nothing but a man)
Put the gat to his legs, all the way up his skirt
Because this is one faggot that I had to hurt

I’m sure Eazy (RIP Eric) would admit that was a bit OTT. There are some amazing tracks on that album though. 

I'm so glad that Blazing Saddles will never be remade.

That was the first thing that came to mind. Genius comedy but it would likely be regarded as too offensive nowadays. Similar to Blazing Saddles, I wonder if my favourite sitcom It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia would get past S1 if it started today. Both those things are taking the complete piss out of white privileged people but folk would likely miss the point completely.
Brasseye. I know it was very satirical and parodied the media and Chris Morris is an intelligent guy who knew what he was doing, but I wonder if any network would be brave enough to air something like that now. I've not come across anything like that program since...
I'd argue that kind of nonce sense is needed now more than ever...

When I worked in a supermarket on nightshift, one of the guys put a Roy Chubby Brown album on over the tannoy.  It is genuinely the worst thing I've ever heard in my life.  He just walked out on stage and shouted out swear words.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

On Roy Chubby Brown, one thing he never got was a career on TV. I guess there was some consensus that he was beyond the pale. 

He did however have a very famous fictional town named after him and made a brief appearance as the mayor 

image.thumb.jpeg.f37360fa5f1a28fbe57251598949c408.jpeg

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ll give you the police but James Blunt you’re making a few leaps in your interpretation there. 

James Blunt says so himself. 

It is about seeing an ex-girlfriend on the subway who is now with someone else.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I’m sure Eazy (RIP Eric) would admit that was a bit OTT. There are some amazing tracks on that album though. 

I know. I actually love that song. Trying to square that with my long held lefty views isn’t Eazy. 

There was a show in the early wave of reality/dating shows where a load of lads competed to win a romatic holiday with an attractive young woman.  One of them won and then at the end it was revealed that the young woman was in fact.... a post-op transexual!  It garnered some controversy at the time, truly a vile fucking programme though.  |I remember the 'big reveal' and all the other losing contestents were giggling and laughing at the guy who won and he basically walked out.  Just a horrible point and laugh exercise of a show.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

James Blunt says so himself. 

It is about seeing an ex-girlfriend on the subway who is now with someone else.

Ok this irked me so I researched it. I don’t really buy the stalking angle, his interview seems like the stalking thing is just a flippant, self deprecating joke. I believe the song is about that incident though. 

I don’t see how it’s classified as something that could no longer be made anyway. 

How many more times from Led Zeppelin's first album:

I was a young man, I couldn't resist
Started thinkin' it over, just what I had missed
Got me a girl and I kissed her and then and then
Whoops, oh lord, well I did it again
Now I've got ten children of my own
I got another child on the way that makes eleven
But I'm in constant heaven
I know it's all right in my mind
'Cause I got a little schoolgirl and she's all mine
I can't get through to her 'cause it doesn't permit
But I'm gonna give her everything I've got to give

TFI Friday, yeah in hindsight it would derided as being part of the whole 90s Lad Culture but at the time it was class. Would not get away with anything close to that now. Fat look-a-likes, Freak or Unique and Ugly Bloke 

Also add The Word to this which was also quite excellent 

7 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Ted Nugent- Intensities in 10 Cities.

images.jpeg.jpg.bb6b384fb2a8ad3bae25453fcf88099f.jpg

81e971f15376629e0cc36e50fa80ae82.jpg.d3fe866762fd5782398ec1747e688f31.jpg

A track called "Jailbait" is followed by a track called "I am a predator".

Jailbait has some pretty dodgy lyrics, including: "Well, I don’t care if you’re just thirteen, you look too good to be true" and "Wait a minute, officer, don’t put those handcuffs on me / Put them on her and I’ll share her with you".

Even aside from his politics which are abhorrent, there's long been a distinct whiff of wrong 'un about Nugent. There was some scandal a good while back about him having an underage girlfriend who he transported over state lines - think it was the lassie on the cover of one of his rotten 80s albums - and I also remember him doing a  bizarre interview for I think Kerrang where he was rambling on about it being great that his daughter was now in her teens because she'd bring back friends for sleepovers and it meant he had a house full of half-dressed adolescents.

Truly repugnant guy.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ok this irked me so I researched it. I don’t really buy the stalking angle, his interview seems like the stalking thing is just a flippant, self deprecating joke. I believe the song is about that incident though. 

I don’t see how it’s classified as something that could no longer be made anyway. 

Bit related but that "Hey there Delilah" song that was big a decade or two ago is apparantly some creepy ode that the Delilah lady didn't appreciate one bit. Rather than some twee romantic acousticy shit it's actually an incelly nice guy doing a public weird stalker move. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah.  It is innocent enough.

Sometimes I think musicians try to make out that their song is more controversial than it is.  For example, Bryan Adams suggesting that year of 69 is not about the year of 1969.  Nope, it is.

There was a show in the early wave of reality/dating shows where a load of lads competed to win a romatic holiday with an attractive young woman.  One of them won and then at the end it was revealed that the young woman was in fact.... a post-op transexual!  It garnered some controversy at the time, truly a vile fucking programme though.  |I remember the 'big reveal' and all the other losing contestents were giggling and laughing at the guy who won and he basically walked out.  Just a horrible point and laugh exercise of a show.

There’s a podcast series called Harsh Reality which looks into this series and Miriam in general, which is definitely worth a listen.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Miriam has since snuffed it.

pretty sure there was a few lawsuits afterwards.

Edited by supermik