Arbroath v Ayr

19 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

But that was a classic Donnelly performance. Great feet and gets into dangerous positions but the final ball or shot is never right. He just freezes. Still, a very decent contribution today.

I would like to see him spend the summer in the gym bulking himself up and adding physicality to his game. Far too easily pushed off the ball but he could do a decent, poor man’s Nouble-esque hold up job if he added that to his game.

Great result and comfortable, relaxed performance inthe 2nd half.  Certainly looked like some of the pressure was off.

Maybe sitting just off the pace is the place to be, for now....

In it for the long game however  !!

Edited by DUAFC

57 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I would like to see him spend the summer in the gym bulking himself up and adding physicality to his game. Far too easily pushed off the ball but he could do a decent, poor man’s Nouble-esque hold up job if he added that to his game.

He has had a few close seasons, to bulk up, never done it before, won't do it now

8 minutes ago, ecto said:

He has had a few close seasons, to bulk up, never done it before, won't do it now

I know it’s not going to ever happen but it would be an option for him to keep a place in the team as he certainly ain’t going to be scoring goals.

Arbroath really needed that after losing top spot. They’ll be disappointed with Killie’s late winner but very much still in the title race with half a dozen to go.

Reassuring that Ayr are kinda shite and not completely out of reach for ourselves or Queens.

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Arbroath really needed that after losing top spot. They’ll be disappointed with Killie’s late winner but very much still in the title race with half a dozen to go.

Reassuring that Ayr are kinda shite and not completely out of reach for ourselves or Queens.

After watching last night…..Yiu boys are absolutely getting relegated 

But that was a classic Donnelly performance. Great feet and gets into dangerous positions but the final ball or shot is never right. He just freezes. Still, a very decent contribution today.

This is a shambles of a post. Donnelly never wasted a ball. Had one chance where he stretched and tested the keeper, then should’ve had a tap in when gold should’ve squared it for him. He didnt put a foot wrong when he came on and this is just looking for faults.

7 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

This is a shambles of a post. Donnelly never wasted a ball. Had one chance where he stretched and tested the keeper, then should’ve had a tap in when gold should’ve squared it for him. He didnt put a foot wrong when he came on and this is just looking for faults.

100% agree, some of our own fans are never off the back of certain players and Donnelly is one of them

3 Goals in first 5 games, he was then dropped for Nouble ( which is fair play he offered what we needed upfront in terms of hold up play and utilising the big mans strength )

Donnelly was asked to Play out on the left and done so, as per the managers selection, when we were winning game after game. Think he must have played about 10 on the trot in that position saw the abuse he got for that too. he was asked to do something very specific for the team and tried his best.

To say he cant score is beggars belief when he is used in every position other than where he is most effective. Probably one of the most composed players on the ball in our team.

When utilised in his own position, centre mid or no10 he has grabbed goals whereever he has been.

https://www.celticnewsnow.com/celticfc/luke-donnelly/ ( 4 goals in a game against hibs ) for Celtics Under 21s isnt the sign of someone who cant score.

Not sure why Donnelly gets so much shit, yes hes tall/gangly but hes 26 years old he isnt likely to fill out much more ( to suggest he doesnt go to the gym or hasnt been trying his best is simply stupid i know  he goes to they gym  ) and to be played all over the place, then dropped for months at a time, is really hard to get your match fitness up to scratch, without a run of games you will never see the best of anybody.

Playing up top on your own is a thankless task the way we play, Nouble got 4 goals in about 23 games, this shows we are not successful in creating countless chances for our strikers. Hamilton seems to do well though and rightfully kept in the team.

Wighton gets played out left and up top when it suits. ( Wighton doesnt seem to get any stick )

Its not like we utilise our players in their best positions all of the time, however it seems to be working and noone can grumble where we are.

Its a good job these fans dont pick the team, as what they say after watching games is shambolic and this isnt just about one player, 

13 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Just noticed this disgrace of a post. You really are a clown. LD did very well when introduced but you probably didn’t notice that as you were to busy looking for faults. 

Ermmm. I’m pretty sure I said he was good today. I rewatched the last 20+ minutes to see what I missed. Pass completion 8/9 but unfortunately the 9th was a cross for Stewart standing alone on the 6 yard line. Shots 2 if you count the 40 yard punt. I think the first one was a very good chance. Tackles made 0. Headers won 0. I know these are not his strengths. Some of us will never agree on this. I promise not to post about Luke again because it makes some folk so angry. Sorry to spoil your breakfast.

Some completely over the top criticism of stan3600 Donnelly post, he did say  Donnelly had a very decent contribution which summed up what he did.

Edit.. got the posters mixed up🤣.

Everyone calmed down now...

Edited by keptie

53 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

100% agree, some of our own fans are never off the back of certain players and Donnelly is one of them

3 Goals in first 5 games, he was then dropped for Nouble ( which is fair play he offered what we needed upfront in terms of hold up play and utilising the big mans strength )

Donnelly was asked to Play out on the left and done so, as per the managers selection, when we were winning game after game. Think he must have played about 10 on the trot in that position saw the abuse he got for that too. he was asked to do something very specific for the team and tried his best.

To say he cant score is beggars belief when he is used in every position other than where he is most effective. Probably one of the most composed players on the ball in our team.

When utilised in his own position, centre mid or no10 he has grabbed goals whereever he has been.

https://www.celticnewsnow.com/celticfc/luke-donnelly/ ( 4 goals in a game against hibs ) for Celtics Under 21s isnt the sign of someone who cant score.

Not sure why Donnelly gets so much shit, yes hes tall/gangly but hes 26 years old he isnt likely to fill out much more ( to suggest he doesnt go to the gym or hasnt been trying his best is simply stupid i know  he goes to they gym  ) and to be played all over the place, then dropped for months at a time, is really hard to get your match fitness up to scratch, without a run of games you will never see the best of anybody.

Playing up top on your own is a thankless task the way we play, Nouble got 4 goals in about 23 games, this shows we are not successful in creating countless chances for our strikers. Hamilton seems to do well though and rightfully kept in the team.

Wighton gets played out left and up top when it suits. ( Wighton doesnt seem to get any stick )

Its not like we utilise our players in their best positions all of the time, however it seems to be working and noone can grumble where we are.

Its a good job these fans dont pick the team, as what they say after watching games is shambolic and this isnt just about one player, 

The fact you have fans moaning about P/T players who are a very short step away from the top league is baffling, they should be getting awe the plaudits going and more 

Really hope you guys go all the way 🤞🤞

1 hour ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Not sure why Donnelly gets so much shit, yes hes tall/gangly but hes 26 years old he isnt likely to fill out much more

LD was excellent yesterday when he came on and he deserves the praise he's getting for the way he played, however I have to say the highlighted bit here is full on outrageous to me.

Are you genuinely using a solitary U20s game, which took place SIX years ago, to prove a point in the day and now?! That really is the opposite end of the scale from the phrase 'a player is only as good as his last game'! :blink:

I'm not criticising LD here but if we're wanting to speak about LD's ability in front of goal and him being 'one of the most composed players in the team' we should look at more recent games/ seasons/ senior football games. The last two chances LD had to stick the ball in the net, against QotS and against Kilmarnock, he was very much odds on to score in both instances. On both occaisions he missed the target completely.

I've no issue with LD - I appreciate he brings certain things to the team that others don't, and does some stuff that goes unnoticed but the majority. He also has the ability to create chances and space out of nothing due to his quick feet - all good stuff. :)

Edited by SimonLichtie