Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

On 27/03/2022 at 20:23, KTID65 said:

Spot on, 4 Fife derbies and 4 Ayrshire derbies, not one on a Saturday!! Fans don’t seem to matter to whoever decides these things.

The only thing that matters to the “media” and the SPFL is you know who!!

On 27/03/2022 at 19:20, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s easy to say because it’s true.

Thankfully, few clubs would ignorantly self-destruct in such lamentable fashion.

Sometimes the truth hurts, so I can understand why the Rovers’ supporters limply trying to sweep it under the rug are now lashing out.

All the insults and jibes won’t hide the fact you’re cheering on a team every week led by a rape apologist.

We also know the Pars love sweeping things under the carpet too. Swings and Roundabouts eh!!

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

The only thing that matters to the “media” and the SPFL is you know who!!

Yes, a complaint that too many of the derbies were moved for TV coverage is really a good way to illustrate that the media are not interested in them.

Rapist apologists etc etc

Hope McGlynn gets booed to absolute f**k

Sometimes you wish the dugouts were in front of the NW.

Our season is pretty much all about the cup now.

Surely no[emoji23]

I've genuinely lost track of the playoff picture up top (cause we're shite), with the way Raith fans are going on I presumed they must be at least 6 points away. 

2 points, a massive 2 points behind a rancid Partick side who haven't won in ages with an awful pitch which negates home advantage. What a bunch of dorks min. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I've genuinely lost track of the playoff picture up top (cause we're shite), with the way Raith fans are going on I presumed they must be at least 6 points away. 

2 points, a massive 2 points behind a rancid Partick side who haven't won in ages with an awful pitch which negates home advantage. What a bunch of dorks min. 

Who we still have to play at said pitch.

If we win that cup and don't finish in top 4, the season will not be a success.  I'm hoping we win it, and injects something bordering on positivity.

3 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

We also know the Pars love sweeping things under the carpet too. Swings and Roundabouts eh!!

What a weird post. In two sentences you managed to:

1: Give no example of the Pars fans doing similar because you couldn’t think of one.

2: Freely admitted that the Rovers *are* trying to sweep this issue under the carpet.

3: Use multiple exclamation marks; (“a sure sign of a diseased mind”, according to Terry Pratchett.)

Amazingly, it’s still far from your worst post ever. An almost admirable commitment to incompetence.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

27 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Who we still have to play at said pitch.

If we win that cup and don't finish in top 4, the season will not be a success.  I'm hoping we win it, and injects something bordering on positivity.

Also hadn't realised that!

Even we beat Partick, now even if you finish fourth the task of promotion is still massive, but to say the season is all about the diddy Cup seems a tad over the top. 

This actually isn’t true, or at least hasn’t been. Up until fairly recently we had the best home record in the league, and I think only Arbroath and Killie have better records than us still.

We are absolutely rancid though, and the idea that Raith can’t catch us is still ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This actually isn’t true, or at least hasn’t been. Up until fairly recently we had the best home record in the league, and I think only Arbroath and Killie have better records than us still.

We are absolutely rancid though, and the idea that Raith can’t catch us is still ridiculous. 

With the pitch getting worse it surely can't help some of Thistles best players? Can't imagine it's good for Tiffoney. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

With the pitch getting worse it surely can't help some of Thistles best players? Can't imagine it's good for Tiffoney. 

Aye, I would imagine not, and we’ll need to change how we play to succeed on that nonsense but equally other teams will as well so just need to wait and see.

Anyway, this is off topic. I hope Dunfermline thrash Rovers here for the obvious selfish reasons but also Sean McGinty deserves to be relegated from this fucking division at long last so I want Ayr to go downZ 

Aye, I would imagine not, and we’ll need to change how we play to succeed on that nonsense but equally other teams will as well so just need to wait and see.
Anyway, this is off topic. I hope Dunfermline thrash Rovers here for the obvious selfish reasons but also Sean McGinty deserves to be relegated from this fucking division at long last so I want Ayr to go downZ 

McGinty was basically playing as an overlapping centre back on Saturday there. Was our best attacking player until Adeloye and Moffat came on. The man is seriously misunderstood imo.

Injuries, poor form, a cup final on Sunday followed by a Fife Derby on the Wednesday. Dunfermline fans will be hoping Sunday goes to extra time and penalties. Really comes down to who wants it more on the day I think and Dunfermline will be the fresher team - they've certainly not looked a team fighting for their lives in the derby games this season and if they apply themselves like the did in the last 2 fixtures, games they probably should have won, then they'll get the 3 points. Whilst 4th place isn't out of our reach the performances and squad situation hasn't been encouraging as of late give or take the odd game here and there. Ultimately the reason we're still in with a shout of the playoffs is down to Partick's recent pishyness and we always seem to find ourselves failing to do the business when teams around us drop points. What will be will be. If players are back from injury and if we win on Sunday there might be a bit of oomph about us but I thought the same after beating Killie in the semi final and we followed it up by getting horsed by Ayr 🤦‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

That'll be Barry Ferguson as the next gaffer then, christ. 

They were talking about Kevin Thomson though?

Aye they were, it was in jest of Ferguson calling us a big club.