Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye the Todorov signing hasn't turned out the way we hoped at all. It wouldn't surprise me for him to have a successful journeyman career at this level either but sometimes clubs and players just don't fit. This seems to be one of those times.

Yup. I thought when he played against us for Caley he was decent and could see him easily playing at this level for someone, but it won't be us. 

Tried avoiding this, as it’s been the car crash expected. Hopefully, now that it’s match day, we can talk about football?

Other than Martin Hardie day, I can’t say I can recall any memorable derby days at east end (from a Pars perspective). The only other win that springs to mind would be the 1-0 win via a Higgy penalty that helped send Yogi’s Raith into the playoffs. Last season’s 4-1 win doesn’t count, since the fans weren’t there.

At Starks, there was obviously the late Craig Wilson OG to win it for us. There was also a game when Stephen Simmons got a second yellow for diving and broke down into tears in front of the away fans at Starks. When I think about it, we must have a really poor recent record in these games, as I can remember more defeats/dropped points than wins.

As others have mentioned, anything less than a win tonight and the best we can hope for is 9th place. A draw is useless to us now. It’s at the stage that we need to go for the win and take more risks. It’s not on the TV, so I’m not expecting a lot of the players to perform as they did in front of the cameras. Unfortunately, I think we’ll revert back to the norm - which means if we start well, Yogi will refuse to change it until Raith score an equaliser/take the lead late on and we lose any momentum we have. If we start poorly, we’re done, as Yogi still won’t change it until it’s too late.

I imagine the Pars have a better record than us in 2022, and off the back of the cup final on Sunday I’ll be pretty surprised if we don’t lose tonight.

Hope to be proven wrong. Also absolutely shite we’ve managed to have a full season without a ‘proper’ Saturday derby.

Can you buy a ticket for the away end at the stadium tonight? 

I’m honestly not sure. I know you can buy on your phone any time before kick off (as Grant says above), but think I’ve seen away fans mention buying tickets in the club shop on the day of the game this season. Might be worth phoning ahead to find out. Not sure what time they open at though.

If the Pars press us all over the park we will struggle, how will we react after the cup final???, who knows, not confident about this as the Pars have been the better team in our last three meetings, but it's a derby and I suppose anything can happen!!, to sum up I don't have a clue but hoping for a Rovers win and get one over on John Shoes.

Every thread for for Rovers/Pars game just gets worse! Jeezo!

Anyway, I’ll be there tonight, freezing my balls off - weather forecast is rain, so I’m expecting a stinking 1-1 viewing tonight (not because of the rain mind you!).

My XI tonight if all fit:
. JMac
RT Berra Bene Mackie
. Matthews Stanton
Connelly Ross Zanatta
. Matej

Frankie in for Berra if not fit.

1 minute ago, WSDR 88 said:

Every thread for for Rovers/Pars game just gets worse! Jeezo!

Anyway, I’ll be there tonight, freezing my balls off - weather forecast is rain, so I’m expecting a stinking 1-1 viewing tonight (not because of the rain mind you!).

My XI tonight if all fit:
. JMac
RT Berra Bene Mackie
. Matthews Stanton
Connelly Ross Zanatta
. Matej

Frankie in for Berra if not fit.

Who is missing from this "injury ravaged" Raith line-up?

Edited by da_no_1

2 hours ago, Paco said:

I imagine the Pars have a better record than us in 2022, and off the back of the cup final on Sunday I’ll be pretty surprised if we don’t lose tonight.

Hope to be proven wrong. Also absolutely shite we’ve managed to have a full season without a ‘proper’ Saturday derby.

Agree with this unfortunately. Home advantage, 11 days rest and preparation for the Pars compared to us playing on Sunday and still struggling with a few key injuries, I would be surprised if we take anything from tonight. Also, despite league position, current form would suggest there isn’t much between the sides right now.

Dunfermline were impressive in their last two home games against Morton and Partick and I can imagine Lawless and Thomas, in particular, getting a lot of joy against our full backs.

On us, there are steady signs of recovery. Bar the diabolical display against Ayr, our performances have been much better since the 3-0 defeat at Killie. Not at our early season best but enough to suggest we may finally be emerging from our rut. 8 goals scored in our last 3 games and with two central defenders on the pitch for 90 minutes (hopefully) for the first time since our clean sheet in Dumfries, we should hopefully be stronger at the back as well. We have also won 3 and drawn 1 of our last 4 games away from Starks Park.

Assuming Berra isn’t fit, I would bring Bene in for Mackie and move Dick back to left back. Zanatta in for Varian and stick with the 4-2-3-1 we finished with on Sunday.

I think it is definitely more of a ‘must win’ for the Pars than us, I wouldn’t be too disappointed with another 1-1, it would still be in our own hands to get 4th albeit we need to go to Firhill and win. However, my head says 3-1 Pars.

Edited by R.R.FC