Rovers v Morton

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

As bad as things have been we're still capable of beating Morton with our depleted team. On last night's evidence Partick are no better than us either. The odds are against us but it's far from a lost cause. A win today and the outlook brightens.

We are rank and yet still look like getting 4th spot. Says it all about this league 

We are rank and yet still look like getting 4th spot. Says it all about this league 

I wouldn’t say we look like getting 4th.
I know you lot are awful but you still managed to scrape a win last night.
We rode our luck against Queens last Sunday when the league pressure was off.

We’re six points behind you with a significantly worse goal difference and a game in hand.
Even if we beat you in the head to head, our remaining three games are Morton, Hamilton and Killie.

I’d be surprised if we manage four points out of that lot, never mind four points more than you manage in your other two remaining games against Dunfermline and Ayr.

So in short, for us to finish fourth we need to beat Morton today and you next week and then hope we collect more points from Hamilton and Killie than you do from Ayr and Dunfermline.
Unlikely.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

So in short, for us to finish fourth we need to beat Morton today and you next week and then hope we collect more points from Hamilton and Killie than you do from Ayr and Dunfermline.
Unlikely.

These are serious games against Partick for Ayr and Dunfermline. Besides, Dunfermline gave Partick a recent doing so it's not unlikely they'll win at Firhill.

Our outlook depends on what happens today against Morton, a win's a must.

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Canny wait to see what the line up is, if we we're blowing oot our erse on Wed after the Sunday game, what the feck will we be like today 

It struck home how sluggish Rovers were on Wednesday watching how sharp QOS and Thistle looked in comparison last night.

4 minutes ago, centralTon said:

What’s with the ridiculous policy of the stewards telling folk exactly where to sit in the away end?

Why not ask them? You'll get some sort of reply. It might not make sense to you or anyone else but it'll be an answer.

Very interested to see how Greig Young gets on. I think a low key reason for a lot of our struggles this season has been the lack of a left sided "wing back" role, in either a four or a five. Liam Dick is very much a defender and while he tries to get forward, he's not a natural. It makes it very easy to cover Tumilty on the other side when you know there's not much chance of a big switch.

It's another patched together team though, and I think we'll struggle. Ethan Ross clearly isn't fit and Aidan Connolly is absolutely shattered, but I think we'd need one of them in place of one of the midfield three for this to really work. 

Stark's Park is such an odd ground. If they could go back and develop it all over again, do you think they'd half the size of those big stands behind the goals and utilize the railway stand a bit better? In all the times I've been to the stadium, I don't think I've ever seen it open, and that's going back over 20 years.

Stark's Park is such an odd ground. If they could go back and develop it all over again, do you think they'd half the size of those big stands behind the goals and utilize the railway stand a bit better? In all the times I've been to the stadium, I don't think I've ever seen it open, and that's going back over 20 years.

The stands behind the goals had to be the size they are to allow us to meet the 10,000 all-seater requirement which was in place for the premier at the time we got promoted.

You’re right though, smaller stands behind each goal with people in the railway stand would make the ground far better.