Martin Lewis

Martin Lewis  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Sometimes his money saving for some is hugely at the expense of others.
For instance all the tech savvy save money based on this or that.
Then all the numpties (fair enough) get charged more as companies recover losses in other ways.
Big losers are those without tech or just doddery feckers.

His advice on buying a 20 portion chicken nuggets from McDonalds never struck me as being worthy of the status he has attained.

He was good on the Professionals though.

Screenshot_20220407-174810_Chrome.jpg

What do you call a secret agent with no arms or legs?

Bodie.

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

What absolute nonsense. Corbyn acknowledged the problem multiple times. Several MPs resigned over it.

See the roaster above. 

Good luck in finding a post of mine that could in any way be conceived as an endorsement of Corbyn let alone being an "uberfan", whatever that actually means.

If Martin Lewis finds Starmers politics to his liking then I guess he is really just a Tory at heart.

3 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Lmao. This is also very silly. 

The right wing media played a part in dousing the flames but it's insincere when you fail to acknowledge the mistakes in his leadership on this particular issue and within the party. There was legitimate concern from large sections of the Jewish populace regarding this issue, you can't put it down as solely a media thing. A bit of both perhaps but you can't rewrite and erase the sincere concern. 

ECHR found 2 (two) instances of anti semitism in the Labour Party.

One from Ken Livingstone talking about Palestine in the 1930s and one from some no mark member in Liverpool posting Rothschild memes.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

ECHR found 2 (two) instances of anti semitism in the Labour Party.

One from Ken Livingstone talking about Palestine in the 1930s and one from some no mark member in Liverpool posting Rothschild memes.

Which isn't exactly relevant to internal complaints or communities that understandably didn't have trust in a guy with some previous dodgy friends. 

Some of the financial advice on (what was) his website can be very useful for people on the breadline. I've used it myself a few times when I've had serious financial problems.

I'd no idea that it was best known in some circles for running 2-for-1 offers on chicken nuggets, or whatever.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Some of the financial advice on (what was) his website can be very useful for people on the breadline. I've used it myself a few times when I've had serious financial problems.

I'd no idea that it was best known in some circles for running 2-for-1 offers on chicken nuggets, or whatever.

His website services have saved me a small fortune over the years. The forum also has some very knowledgeable people on there that provide support and advice on some complex issues.

The administration team on that site is very good unlike on here. 😂 

I’ve never ventured into the forums that deal with 2-for-1 offers on nuggets. No need when all the nuggets are free on P&B.

2 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

His website services have saved me a small fortune over the years. The forum also has some very knowledgeable people on there that provide support and advice on some complex issues.

The administration team on that site is very good unlike on here. 😂 

I’ve never ventured into the forums that deal with 2-for-1 offers on nuggets. No need when all the nuggets are free on P&B.

This would be an excellent opportunity for the mods to demonstrate they're on the ball by issuing a swift application of the banhammer  :P

“Man who has saved ordinary people millions of pounds with free advice is a certified w**k because his political compass results aren’t exactly the same as mine.”

The internet really turns people mental.

Just now, throbber said:

I think he’s a hypocrite for expressing his concerns about millions of hard working U.K. citizens being plunged into fuel poverty when he himself has enough money to buy a 4 bedroom house in London. 

Huh?

This is a bizarre take.

Why does the fact that he is personally well off mean that he can’t lobby the government to do something about poverty? 

Just now, Donathan said:

Huh?

This is a bizarre take.

Why does the fact that he is personally well off mean that he can’t lobby the government to do something about poverty? 

Because throbber is a troll who says contrarian things because he enjoys the reactions they get.

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

It would explain why certain elements of the far left don’t like him. 

Because he's Jewish? Really?

Just to warn everyone, if you vote "w**k" you're going on the anti semite list, whether you knew his religion or not.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Really? I’ve only watched his 30min slots on STV and I don’t ever remember him bring religion into discussion.

Maybe it’s because I’m an atheist that I just switch off.

If you follow him on twitter, he often mentions that logging off for the weekend on a Friday afternoon and won’t be back online over the weekend. Certain Jewish sects prohibit using social media from Friday sunset for 24 hours.