Ways to save energy.

Finally, after years of being a catch-all nugget of advice for all scenarios, it is sadly time to retire "windows down, heating up full blast".

I have no idea how the energy crisis is going to affect me financially, its a wait and see job. I do know I am going to install solar panels as a way to offset it but other than that, me and my household need to tighten our game. And there's nothing like a crisis to make you realise how ill prepared you are.

I recently read (having boiled a kettle for water to cook stuff in for years) that heating your water on the gas hob is actually cheaper.

Does anyone else know stuff that might in some small help people who are really going to struggle?

One wee tip on here might seem like f**k all but when folk are picking between heat or food.....

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Finally, after years of being a catch-all nugget of advice for all scenarios, it is sadly time to retire "windows down, heating up full blast".

Windaes up, burn the elderly in the fireplace.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Isnt this just a cut and paste from the Viz letters page ?

This is

Give your clothes to Oxfam and buy them back for 50p

Saving a fortune on electricity and water 

16 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

This is

Give your clothes to Oxfam and buy them back for 50p

Saving a fortune on electricity and water 

For me, the funniest part of that joke has always been that some people assume that charities actually wash the donated clothes.

Anyway, save money on heating bathwater by covering yourself in your granny's old Ralgex.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I have no idea how the energy crisis is going to affect me financially, its a wait and see job. I do know I am going to install solar panels as a way to offset it but other than that, me and my household need to tighten our game. And there's nothing like a crisis to make you realise how ill prepared you are.

I recently read (having boiled a kettle for water to cook stuff in for years) that heating your water on the gas hob is actually cheaper.

Does anyone else know stuff that might in some small help people who are really going to struggle?

One wee tip on here might seem like f**k all but when folk are picking between heat or food.....

Burn your season ticket. 

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Surely that's how the pair of you lit the fires to cook your Christmas dinners?

Maybe Martin Lewis could find a way to stop my Mrs buying bedding and rugs all the time. 

Can’t speak for the Camelon Chipmunk but we went out for a curry for Christmas dinner.

Edited by Shandon Par

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Maybe Martin Lewis could find a way to stop my Mrs buying bedding and rugs all the time. 

Sounds like the Leprechaun of Larbert is a right messy b*****d.