St Mirren v Hibs 23/04/22

15 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s nothing to do with performances, it’s the shift in attitude coming out the club.

I was there for the era you mentioned and it never felt as hollow as this.

I have serious doubts about the motives of the owners of the club and the way they conduct themselves seems to go completely against the values that I have and the values that the club used to have which is making me struggle to resonate with them.

You have to ask why someone from a foreign land would want to own a Scottish club which has one of the poorest income leagues in Europe. The current U.S. owners of Dundee came to St Mirren first due diligence found them not to be in the clubs best interest so moved on to Dundee. If things don't improve at Easter Road I can see a rich Edinburgh business taking a interest in the club. Better still make your club safe from take overs by becoming fan owned quite a few clubs have went down this road including Saints. 

You have to ask why someone from a foreign land would want to own a Scottish club which has one of the poorest income leagues in Europe. The current U.S. owners of Dundee came to St Mirren first due diligence found them not to be in the clubs best interest so moved on to Dundee. If things don't improve at Easter Road I can see a rich Edinburgh business taking a interest in the club. Better still make your club safe from take overs by becoming fan owned quite a few clubs have went down this road including Saints. 
Did they ? I thought the 2015 consortium sniffing about were reported to be South American rather than from the US ?

32 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Did they ? I thought the 2015 consortium sniffing about were reported to be South American rather than from the US ?

We've had quite a few dodgy characters interested over the years. Remember Reg Brealey in the 90's? Then there was those Argentinians, and i am sure there were Americans too although i didn't know it was the same Americans who have made Dundee a consistent laughing stock. Thankfully none of them got in.

Trying to be positive, even with our remarkably poor form - seven losses from eight under Robinson - win here and we will go above Hibs and one of Aberdeen and Livi and into 8th and our season is surely over.  We are surely still more likely to finish 7th than 11th, i think... Jak back will be a boost but he wasn't exactly playing well before his suspension. Gogic obviously unavailable, he started well but like the rest of the team has dipped considerably in recent weeks. No idea if Kiltie and/or Tanser are back available, here's hoping. I'd go for:

Alnwick

Fraser-Shaughnessy-Dunne-Tanser 

Power-Erhahon

Henderson-Ronan-Kiltie

Brophy

19 hours ago, Lex said:

We've had quite a few dodgy characters interested over the years. Remember Reg Brealey in the 90's? Then there was those Argentinians, and i am sure there were Americans too although i didn't know it was the same Americans who have made Dundee a consistent laughing stock. Thankfully none of them got in.

Trying to be positive, even with our remarkably poor form - seven losses from eight under Robinson - win here and we will go above Hibs and one of Aberdeen and Livi and into 8th and our season is surely over.  We are surely still more likely to finish 7th than 11th, i think... Jak back will be a boost but he wasn't exactly playing well before his suspension. Gogic obviously unavailable, he started well but like the rest of the team has dipped considerably in recent weeks. No idea if Kiltie and/or Tanser are back available, here's hoping. I'd go for:

Alnwick

Fraser-Shaughnessy-Dunne-Tanser 

Power-Erhahon

Henderson-Ronan-Kiltie

Brophy

Then there was the REA proposal. We do like three lettered things. REA, GLS, and, on current showings, FFS and GTF. 😕

On 19/04/2022 at 18:28, Stu said:

I am going, therefore a Hibs win is guaranteed.

Add to that they've sacked their manager, have seven guys out, have one league win all year and none away from home and that's why I'm making this my...

lock-of-the-week.jpg

1 hour ago, Sauzee04 said:

Any pubs near stadium that away fans can go to that will allow kids in aswell?

Seriously though there are no pub near the stadium so best to drink in paisley town center and get the train to the stadium from there or walk 

Seriously though there are no pub near the stadium so best to drink in paisley town center and get the train to the stadium from there or walk 

Well the Craigie Bar, Court Bar and Tartan Rose are all within 10 minutes walk. Wouldn’t fancy taking kids in any of them though.
For that Paisley town centre - or Glasgow city centre - and train to PSJ before KO.

31 minutes ago, Lex said:

Well the Craigie Bar, Court Bar and Tartan Rose are all within 10 minutes walk. Wouldn’t fancy taking kids in any of them though.
For that Paisley town centre - or Glasgow city centre - and train to PSJ before KO.

The Court doesn't allow any big away supports in.

54 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Was thinking of going to this but I remember this fixture under Butcher many years ago that still haunts me. Duncan Whatmore's brief appearance( whatever happened to him?) was the only positive.

That was a good day out apart from the result. 

On 20/04/2022 at 22:34, Lyle Lanley said:

Can we share the points in this fixture and move on?

Yes. 3 to us and 0 to the Hibees. Fair deal, kind sir. 

Bit annoying that Maloney has been punted before this, Hibs were far more solid in the Paisley game under Gray then yous were at Easter Road when we won 1-0.

The team have to show us something tomorrow. Rolling over and getting our bellies tickled with a 2-0 defeat will is not acceptable. 

I can accept defeat if every player has burst their gut and gave it everything they have got. Can't and won't accept players on holiday mode, it reflects terrible on the manager and could throw the summer into chaos if the board have a touch decision to make.

1 hour ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Was thinking of going to this but I remember this fixture under Butcher many years ago that still haunts me. Duncan Whatmore's brief appearance( whatever happened to him?) was the only positive.

I was talking about that game the other day actually, i think it became clear then that something was really wrong at Hibs, and relegation duly followed a few weeks later. If i remember rightly we were pretty even in the league before this game. 

image.png.5ffb4e115feb322993cdf96e46387db6.png

Remember us starting so well and scoring the quickest goal ever at the new stadium then deservedly going 2-0 up shortly after. Then Goodwin - in true Goody style - deliberately chopped Thomson in half out of nothing and got rightly sent off. Everyone was like here we go, we are going to lose now. Then just 60 minutes of nothing really, don't think Hibs created a chance against 10 men never mind looked like actually winning the game. 

image.thumb.png.09129c4d935e8da0f538470ca6cf8d76.png

That's Josh and not Kyle Magennis for us by the way. There are going to be plenty of parallels of that season and game drawn for the losing team tomorrow.  While the winner gets the cigars out. Draw then...

That Goodwin red card got overturned on appeal.

Remember coming away thinking Hibs were utter shite but they were too far ahead of the relegation-threatened glob to slide into the play-off positions...