Dundee FC New Stadium Thread

9 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Aye just raised off the ground a bit.

For unknown reasons Livingston is a place I’ve never been too, either the ground or the town.

One of the very few grounds in the top 2 leagues I haven’t been too……in fact maybe the only one now that I am typing this out.

Aye the only one actually.

I’ve never been to QP away but have been to Hampden of course. Haven’t had the pleasure of watching Killie at Airdrie but played a charity game at the Excelsior many years ago.

Edited by Sortmeout

Would be smart as f**k if it happened but where is the cash to make it happen going to come from? Looks very expensive, and they'll need to include the new road sections in the building costs too. Upkeep looks pretty pricey as well.

Noticed the 71 Brewing logo there. Is there some sort of agreement between Dundee and them? Would be good if so as 71 are class.

14 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

For unknown reasons Livingston is a place I’ve never been too, either the ground or the town.

One of the very few grounds in the top 2 leagues I haven’t been too……in fact maybe the only one now that I am typing this out.

Aye the only one actually.

I’ve never been to QP away but have been to Hampden of course. Haven’t had the pleasure of watching Killie at Airdrie but played a charity game at the Excelsior many years ago.

I've done all the premiership grounds, got 3 to go with championship due to Motherwell not being in that league in my lifetime and bad luck with cup draws. 

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Spot on, Swedes and Norwegians can do it, not here though, far too many morons in local/national government. IMO.

If you think Keir Starmer is a communist I’d hate to see what you thought of the governments of Sweden and Norway. 

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Would be smart as f**k if it happened but where is the cash to make it happen going to come from? Looks very expensive, and they'll need to include the new road sections in the building costs too. Upkeep looks pretty pricey as well.

Noticed the 71 Brewing logo there. Is there some sort of agreement between Dundee and them? Would be good if so as 71 are class.

John Nelms is one of the owners/investors of 71 Brewing.

3 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I've done all the premiership grounds, got 3 to go with championship due to Motherwell not being in that league in my lifetime and bad luck with cup draws. 

What ones are you missing? 

1 hour ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Ayr, Falkirk and Dunfermline. Just never gotten around to it.

Somerset is pretty good. EEP is not bad although I’ve not been for 20 years.

Falkirks ground just feels like a slightly bigger Hamilton (much like the club themselves actually).

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Somerset is pretty good. EEP is not bad although I’ve not been for 20 years.

Falkirks ground just feels like a slightly bigger Hamilton (much like the club themselves actually).

Yeah, I've been meaning to get to Somerset since they done it up. It looks brilliant.

10 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I went onto the Holmes Miller website to check their pedigree, and what's remarkable are the number of very fancy looking projects that never got built, including the hilarious proposal for a huge e-sports arena on the waterfront...  https://www.holmesmiller.com/architecture#sports

Honestly, as much as I'd actually quite like to see Dundee move up the road, it just doesn't seem credible.

On what grounds does anyone reasonably believe that the Dundee board are capable of bringing in £95m in funding? And that's probably a low-ball estimate.

ps - loved the bit where they were selling a part of the ground with a scenic view... over Dryburgh 😄

Aye, we can't all be looking at the vision of beauty that is Dens Park.

Would be great if this gets built, but I'm yet to hear where Dundee are going to come up with the £95m needed, which will almost certainly rise?

Is there scope for Utd to get involved in this? The total land sale from both stadiums would be a fair amount. 

Sorry but…the interior design is basic AF. It just looks like a new McDiarmid Park / St Mirren Park. I find the lack of imagination disappointing, could some corners not have been filled in with seats? The stands could also be steeper like a mini Tynecastle. It’s just 4 single tier stands, really boring. The rest of the stuff, the outside areas and hospitality, looks excellent though.