Dundee FC New Stadium Thread

14 hours ago, philpy said:

This exactly, 100%. I've been down to brunton park for a few Carlisle games, and the fan zone is spot on. A couple of big converted shipping  containers selling pints, different local food vendors, and an area the players walk through pre-game to greet supporters. A couple of years back, there was no incentive for fans to be at the ground at 1pm. Now the place is heaving by then. Scottish clubs are missing a trick.

I think the hoops you'd have to jump through for the alcohol license isn't worth it. Dunfermline had to go through loads to sell beer at the Euro fan zone; I'd expect it to be even harder for a live match where the police are already not keen on being at the venue.

On 27/08/2024 at 09:06, PauloPerth said:

Seems bizarre that the two side stands combined were 4000 but the rest of the ground is 6000!

On 27/08/2024 at 13:58, HibeeJibee said:

Each side holds just under 3k and each end just under 2k; 

I was at Almondvale not long after it opened and I'm almost certain the side stands didn't run the whole length of the park - they ran from approximately one 18 yard box to the other. The "away" stand certainly was - its possible the home/main stand was longer.

When the end stands were built, the corners were added which meant extending the side stand. I think you can tell inside the ground either by the concrete steps being a different colour or the roof supports being different or something. It does explain why it was 4k but the equivalent stands now hold 7k.

27 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think the hoops you'd have to jump through for the alcohol license isn't worth it. Dunfermline had to go through loads to sell beer at the Euro fan zone; I'd expect it to be even harder for a live match where the police are already not keen on being at the venue.

Dundee United have setup a little beer garden between the Jerry Kerr and ET stand for this season where fans can come in and purchase beer etc before the game so it is achievable although I would imagine it can't hold more than a hundred fans.

A lot of fans are usually across a number of pubs around the Hilltown and the stadiums before the matches for both Dundee teams anyway so having a large chunk of fans in the one place right next to the stadium where they don't have to walk along the streets before the game might actually be easier to police?

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I was at Almondvale not long after it opened and I'm almost certain the side stands didn't run the whole length of the park - they ran from approximately one 18 yard box to the other. The "away" stand certainly was - its possible the home/main stand was longer.

When the end stands were built, the corners were added which meant extending the side stand. I think you can tell inside the ground either by the concrete steps being a different colour or the roof supports being different or something. It does explain why it was 4k but the equivalent stands now hold 7k.

Can’t remember the side stands being shorter, must have been before I ever visited, but the corners came later as the video of the cup tie with Saints shows; 3 stands and all corners open.

hibbeejibbee’s earlier post breaks down when all the stands were built.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Can’t remember the side stands being shorter, must have been before I ever visited, but the corners came later as the video of the cup tie with Saints shows; 3 stands and all corners open.

hibbeejibbee’s earlier post breaks down when all the stands were built.

You can see the original roof and then the new design on this overhead shot of the stadium

Almondvale_Stadium_from_the_air_(geograp

7 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

£95 million surly Dundee fans know that's pie in the sky. £5 million short of a billion lol.

:lol:

32 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

You can see the original roof and then the new design on this overhead shot of the stadium

Almondvale_Stadium_from_the_air_(geograp

Indeed, and the overhead view shows that one end seems to line up with the penalty spot and the other with the 18 yard line...

Screenshot_20240829_130714_Maps.thumb.jpg.6a0a4f58ab149cd734333dfb7482108c.jpg

I wonder if the pitch was moved slightly when the end stand(s) were added?

21 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Was there not a time when a Billion was different in US & UK? Not sure if was ever £100m though.

A UK Billion used to be a million million while the American's used a thousand millions

The UK Government has been officially using the "thousand million" definition since 1974

Presumably it hung around informally for a bit causing confusion but even people who are old enough to remember Pounds, Shillings and Pence and farenheit weather forecasts have had 50 years to get used to the idea

4 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

£95 million surly Dundee fans know that's pie in the sky. £5 million short of a billion lol.

Peh in the skeh in Dundee my man but no, as others have said it's nowhere near a billion. And to reiterate for the God knows how many times Dundee FC are not paying for it.

It's absolutely clear as day that to try and claim it back, Zingali is going to say he was joking.

I officially declare that the 4 hours lapsing in clarifying that renders that excuse as shite and too late and he has to accept being considered thick as f**k.

14 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I really could imagine Zingali being one of those guys you overhear talking at work.

”Did you see that boy Enzo Fernandez went to Chelsea for £1.2 billion?”

Eddie Hearn GIF by M3 Media

Or one of those "if Elon Musk has 500 billion and there are 7 billion people on Earth, why doesn't he just give everyone one billion and he'd still have 493 billion left for himself?" people you see on social media.