Darvel FC Thread

40 minutes ago, Pollok mad said:

Troon don't have an SFA license so they don't qualify to enter the Scottish Cup

Thanks, just found the SFA document with the licensed clubs. Apologies as this is probably basic stuff for you guys, but is it solely criteria based as to why they don't have a license? E.G no floodlights, inadequate pitch or something? 

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Thanks, just found the SFA document with the licensed clubs. Apologies as this is probably basic stuff for you guys, but is it solely criteria based as to why they don't have a license? E.G no floodlights, inadequate pitch or something? 

Scottish FA Licensing is a huge undertaking for any club at our level, and it's not a case of Troon not having a licence because of "inadequate" anything in particular. It is an enormous topic and ground facilities are only a small percentage of the issues which have to be addressed for a club to be licensed. Troon did announce that they are in the process of working towards their licence, however they will have their own timescales for achieving that which is their right.

On 18/10/2023 at 20:18, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I couldnt tell you the first thing about the ins and outs of Darvels finances but i have heard of this practice at a few clubs. 

Been happening for years & years with teams up and down the country. Personally I like seeing the tax man getting rodgered.

10 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Low , little and monti all top players and good to watch but imo mcshane is just a better player 

A blast from the past I know but mcshane couldn't have laced martin mcgarveys boots . 

Not many darvel fans will know martin mcgarvey though as you were playing in the ayrshire but and Ben league back then 😜