Darvel FC Thread

I noticed they have an EGM on Friday from their social media. Will be interesting if we hear any rumbles on here from Darvel fans on what has been happening. I do think they will be fine and we can already see they have been cost cutting significantly even from last season with their squad. Unless of course they have any big loans owed to individuals that they want back immediately or money owed to HMRC.

Edited by Shannon

i can understand why but im disappointed at some of the things like are they dead yet

ive always found the darvel people to be friendly and welcoming and theyre maybe the best team weve played this season

i hope they stay up

whatever you think about them there are people in darvel who would be devastated if their team folded

10 minutes ago, Big Davy Boy said:

i can understand why but im disappointed at some of the things like are they dead yet

ive always found the darvel people to be friendly and welcoming and theyre maybe the best team weve played this season

i hope they stay up

whatever you think about them there are people in darvel who would be devastated if their team folded

Agree-don’t wish the demise of any team.Yes they have over performed only due to the huge cash injection but now they will settle back to their level.There may be strong views on the personalities involved who might not be everyone’s cup of tea and on some of the things that have happened but there have been lots of those in Scottish football .

On 10/09/2024 at 14:58, Big Davy Boy said:

there are many who think that not all clubs would want or try to win the play off

of current clubs i think only clydebank want out of the west league lower down kilwinning and threave rovers maybe

maybe johnstone burgh and drumchapel do but they cant take part even if they won the league

im struggling to see auchinleck putting any effort into winning a playoff between east south and west

make it look like they tried and just missed out after all they can point to lossiemouth

You don't half talk one load of utter shite .

48 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

Tit.

It's staggering to think how bad the reply you deleted was if this was the one that got through the quality control. 

1 hour ago, ATFC said:

so are they deid or whit?

Wait till Friday night then we will get told if they live or die. But depends on who is owed what and if they want their money back now mind u they should have plenty of money remember mick Kennedy said he didn't take a wage lol just wish Darvel legend was still here at least we knew something cause they were quick enough to let everyone know things were good but not now 

On 02/10/2024 at 14:06, Lokloyal said:

Agree-don’t wish the demise of any team.Yes they have over performed only due to the huge cash injection but now they will settle back to their level.There may be strong views on the personalities involved who might not be everyone’s cup of tea and on some of the things that have happened but there have been lots of those in Scottish football .

I’ll respectfully disagree - there are quite a few I’d like to see the back of!! Not naming any St Cad…I mean Gartc…I mean names!!

2 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Wait till Friday night then we will get told if they live or die. But depends on who is owed what and if they want their money back now mind u they should have plenty of money remember mick Kennedy said he didn't take a wage lol just wish Darvel legend was still here at least we knew something cause they were quick enough to let everyone know things were good but not now 

I fear the worst for Darvel after there meeting tomorrow. No 1 likes 2 c a club struggle but when u have the likes of gall and Kennedy and of course ur Darvel legend bragging that the home dressing room is better than Wembley and all there other sh##e, no wonder so many people took a dislike 2 them. I personally don't think there's as much dislike for St cadocs or gartcairn simply because they have no big mouths all over socials. For the diehards or Darvel I wish use well and ur last 5 years will never be forgotten by ur fans. 

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

I fear the worst for Darvel after there meeting tomorrow. No 1 likes 2 c a club struggle but when u have the likes of gall and Kennedy and of course ur Darvel legend bragging that the home dressing room is better than Wembley and all there other sh##e, no wonder so many people took a dislike 2 them. I personally don't think there's as much dislike for St cadocs or gartcairn simply because they have no big mouths all over socials. For the diehards or Darvel I wish use well and ur last 5 years will never be forgotten by ur fans. 

Mon the papers

At least Benny Hill came on and gave us all here a good laugh before the lights went out. It was up there with "Lowland League here we come!"

21 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

I don’t even understand why they need to pay players anything as DL told us players were signing purely because of the dressing room facilities.

On 02/10/2024 at 04:00, Shannon said:

I noticed they have an EGM on Friday from their social media. Will be interesting if we hear any rumbles on here from Darvel fans on what has been happening. I do think they will be fine and we can already see they have been cost cutting significantly even from last season with their squad. Unless of course they have any big loans owed to individuals that they want back immediately or money owed to HMRC.

This just released live from the meeting...

image.jpeg.f9cc3d3d2c427d6dd2c1276d1f027545.jpeg

1 hour ago, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

Things seem to getting desperate doon the brae when they’re asking people to sponsor “staff “ and volunteers for a bargain basement £1250. Just when you think you’ve seen everything…….. 

Run that one by me again…!!?Club volunteers getting sponsored?

Edited by Lokloyal

On 04/10/2024 at 22:57, Lokloyal said:

Run that one by me again…!!?Club volunteers getting sponsored?

Thats not as wild as you might think

Im a media volunteer at St Johnstone and we have sponsored match day jackets, polo shirts and zip tops , this has been going on for years.