Darvel FC Thread

18 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Shows how much you know. Brilliant answer, shows how much 💩 you actually know. Stay away, stay safe, protect the Darvel from the rhubarb.

So you telling me it isn't shared gates with the SJFA taking a cut? I stand corrected if I am wrong however I would say I am 100% correct

@Kennie can you confirm semi finals are shared gates minus usual expenses plus the SJFA take their cut too. Just to settle an argument 

11 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Great draw, great pay day twice as shared gates and they will have some support with them. This is our year, keep starting 11 fit and no one matches ours

Even though you say they are overpaid and the wages are ridiculous, and 2 year deals to over 30s, they are now the best team in the league. I happen to agree with the very last bit, I DO believe in the players, I just don’t want to see their wage slips the way you seem to.

Delusion turns to arrogance.

41 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Even though you say they are overpaid and the wages are ridiculous, and 2 year deals to over 30s, they are now the best team in the league. I happen to agree with the very last bit, I DO believe in the players, I just don’t want to see their wage slips the way you seem to.

Delusion turns to arrogance.

Just because I think we have best starting 11 doesn't mean I agree with giving mid 30s both with injuries one of whom was retiring a 2 year deal. In terms of assets they aren't going to get us anything should we need to sell. 

I see we are taking some slagging for our clickers the last time a shared gate, rightly so. 

Let's look to change how we are viewed, just check number of tickets at start and number of tickets at end and trust the opposition. Speaking to a guy I know at Hurlford he said they were very open with everything and offered one of hurlford officials to stand in the booth at each gate to make sure everything was in hand. I believe Hurlford trusted them and so I am told Hurlford were more than happy with how it was handled. 

All this clicker nonsense needs to stop. 

2 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I see we are taking some slagging for our clickers the last time a shared gate, rightly so. 

Let's look to change how we are viewed, just check number of tickets at start and number of tickets at end and trust the opposition. Speaking to a guy I know at Hurlford he said they were very open with everything and offered one of hurlford officials to stand in the booth at each gate to make sure everything was in hand. I believe Hurlford trusted them and so I am told Hurlford were more than happy with how it was handled. 

All this clicker nonsense needs to stop. 

Your side also got a slagging for making up nonsensical accusations about racism too. At least that took some of the attention away from the clickers and the Darvel performance so job done.

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Crazy if that is the case

Not crazy at all.

Neutral supporter (me) can see a game, maybe under the lights, on a Friday evening...see my own team getting humped on the Saturday, then watch another game on the Sunday afternoon.

WTF are you complaining about now ?

20 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Would benefit the club financially as it may attract a lot of neutral support as well as our usual home support. Can’t have that though as anything benefiting the club doesn’t fit your agenda…

22 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

The second leg doon the brae will be a sell-out if the first leg is close, Friday night fitba is great although it will be hard to beat the atmosphere I remember as an 11. And 12 year old at Love Street and Brockville in the 80’s midweek.

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

The second leg doon the brae will be a sell-out if the first leg is close, Friday night fitba is great although it will be hard to beat the atmosphere I remember as an 11. And 12 year old at Love Street and Brockville in the 80’s midweek.

First leg won't be close talbot 4-0 saying it now has for the 2nd leg will the glory hunters come out like they did for Aberdeen game  doubt it the home  fan base has dwindled since that game where has talbot have a strong support for any game plus do talbot want to put the game to bed at home oh yes we do we have never been beaten in the semi finals we know what to do and so do some darvel players funny enough but let's hope this is all about the teams and nothing else and not certain people involved with Darvel just now or before 

5 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

First leg won't be close talbot 4-0 saying it now has for the 2nd leg will the glory hunters come out like they did for Aberdeen game  doubt it the home  fan base has dwindled since that game where has talbot have a strong support for any game plus do talbot want to put the game to bed at home oh yes we do we have never been beaten in the semi finals we know what to do and so do some darvel players funny enough but let's hope this is all about the teams and nothing else and not certain people involved with Darvel just now or before 

Dont post on an empty head Ally.

Talbot have lost 3 semi finals that i can recall.

7 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

What 3 have we lost cause from 86 i have never seen talbot lose a semi final unless i am missing something 

Tayport - 1993 & 1996

Renfrew - 2001