Darvel FC Thread

Darvel did well tonight. Hard fought first half - made it very hard to play and they did well on break. 2nd half I thought we were clear winners but Darvel created some decent chances. The first win will come soon I think. Black is a great player. 

Jordan Allan sent off - I thought a bit unfairly on 93 mins. I dont know what was said by a young boy in the crowd as he was going off but as a Captain, Allan needs to calm down. Big overreaction. 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

Never managed to get over to the game tonight but just spoke to a friend and he was pretty impressed with Darvel, didn't seem to impressed with Jordan Allan (the Darvel captain btw) after a late sending off, trying to get over a fence on way to dressing room to get at a couple of teenagers after a bit of stick. If true then no wonder there is trouble at Darvel.

Edited by Montys

2 hours ago, ladeside77 said:

100% spot on, this guy I think is about 24 and has now played for Beith, Irvine Vics, Maryhill, Rossvale, Kilbirnie, Johnstone, Darvel and now Arthurlie, could be more, no much loyalty there. 

We had a multiple winning ex Talbot player as our manager for a brief spell and he asked McKenzie to play In a friendly for us to show his capabilities and he replied along the lines of " I've nothing to prove to you " 

Also saw him in the pre season beith v darvel game sitting alone on our dressing room steps as he was taken off at half time to allow other team mates minutes in their legs.  

The boys  attitude is stinking and thinks he's far better than he is for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, Montys said:

Never managed to get over to the game tonight but just spoke to a friend and he was pretty impressed with Darvel, didn't seem to impressed with Jordan Allan (the Darvel captain btw) after a late sending off, trying to get over a fence on way to dressing room to get at a couple of teenagers after a bit of stick. If true then no wonder there is trouble at Darvel.

Aye ... he's tried to get over the fence to get at 2 wee boys. 

Darvel were much better than many of the doom merchants have suggested and Bankies were not anywhere near the top of their game tonight - classic example of a team getting the job done and maybe winning ugly- something which in the past Bankies have often struggled to do.

If Darvel keep playing like that they will take points off a number of sides this season.

Have to agree with the above , i thought Darvel were pretty decent tonight , they passed the ball about quickly and showed plenty desire to hunt it down when not in possession. It wasn't a vintage performance from us but its another 3pts in the bag.

Truesdale was my MOTM 

4 minutes ago, mike strutter said:

Have to agree with the above , i thought Darvel were pretty decent tonight , they passed the ball about quickly and showed plenty desire to hunt it down when not in possession. It wasn't a vintage performance from us but its another 3pts in the bag.

Truesdale was my MOTM 

He's coming on to some form

15 minutes ago, mike strutter said:

Truesdale was my MOTM 

Truesdale wis brilliant. Great player 2 watch. Darvel played well tonight the wee number 10 Black was there best player very nippy. They will stay up if they play like that for rest of season. 

Didn't c the pie man or his minions but I heard he was there tonight as was mick Kennedy. Wonder who he's sniffing about. 

Mon the papers

8 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Comedy hour from benny hill, issue with the team sheet, issue being he thought he didn’t need a secretary and pissed him and his wife off both leaving the committee.  

never mind surviving relegation, I think they’ll do well to survive.  

Has karma caught up with Mick Oliver over the way he left Ashfield? 

Rumours circulating last night saying Benny Hill is exiting the club, can only be good news for Darvel supporters 

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Are we talking about Gall?

Thought his company is sponsoring the club for 5 years and this is the first of the five years or did i pick this up wrong?

QTS are sponsoring Darvel.

Nothing to do with Gall.

5 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Thanks for that
Is QTS sponsoring for the 5 years and are they the only sponser ?

Qts are writing off circa £100k of work done to the ground over a five year period.