Making the Cup Final

Lows:

Battered by Rangers

Battered by Celtic

Only drawing the first two derbies of the season

That poor run of five games where we didn’t win 

High.......  McCrorie goal at Dens 

Low.............conceding a typically soft goal a few minutes later

Special mention also for getting a parking ticket first home game of the season , for parking on the grassy bit next to the  golf driving range where I’d parked loads of time over the years without any problems.

23 minutes ago, A96 said:

High.......  McCrorie goal at Dens 

Low.............conceding a typically soft goal a few minutes later

Special mention also for getting a parking ticket first home game of the season , for parking on the grassy bit next to the  golf driving range where I’d parked loads of time over the years without any problems.

They giving oot tickets for parking there now? That's pretty shite! I usually park there too, it's never bothered anyone before.

25 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

They giving oot tickets for parking there now? That's pretty shite! I usually park there too, it's never bothered anyone before.

Well they certainly were that day ....I haven’t gone back to park there since so I don’t know if they’re still dishing out tickets.  If you’re able to walk about 15 minutes including the fairly gentle Broad Hill there should be plenty free parking available at Codonas/Asda.  

2 minutes ago, A96 said:

Well they certainly were that day ....I haven’t gone back to park there since so I don’t know if they’re still dishing out tickets.  If you’re able to walk about 15 minutes including the fairly gentle Broad Hill there should be plenty free parking available at Codonas/Asda.  

Aye, don't know if I could still do the Broad hill, that's where me and my mates would all go on a Saturday night to get pissed on a bottle of Omega at the age of 14. 

Not going today and probably won't be for another few seasons, good info to have though.

Ups

- Actually being back at games

- The enthusiasm and energy of our young support

- Galatasaray and LASK. Could go in both columns. 

- THAT Hendry goal and Hendry generally

- About 10 minutes at St Mirren when the snow came down. Awful game but there's something magical about football under floodlights in a snowstorm. 

- Kane's header vs Celtic

Downs

- David Wotherspoon's elbow, and later season-ending injury

- Our manager's lack of interest in or perhaps ability to serve up anything worth watching

- Losing McCann and Kerr in the last hour of the window, only for Ali to spend his season largely on the bench at mid-table Preston

- The defensive performance (with special mention of Ambrose) against Livingston at home

- Jamie McCart's crazy sending off at Easter Road (and refereeing generally)

- Everything to do with the Kelty game, including going there just knowing we were going to lose

Lows: Shite start to the season. Bottom of the league at one point.

Highs: The rest of the season after that with the turning point probably an away win at St Johnstone in October. Results have been solid not spectacular since but the performances have been satisfying. Most encouraging has been the change in playing style away from Gary Holt's teams. Holt worked wonders but the style of play was probably too rudimentary to be sustainable long term. Martindale now has the team actually controlling possession for large chunks of matches and a far more fluid attacking strategy. 

High: First game of the season, going behind twice to Motherwell but coming back to win it in style was galvanising. The team looked fluent, confident and well managed.

Low: Possibly today tbh, last week was a temporary reprieve but today it hit home that there's really no point for the remaining games. I'd also put the scudding by Dundee United at home up there too. 

Highs - Umm.... nope.

Lows - Adding nothing to a squad that struggled in the Championship, and persevering with a manager that in over two full years in charge never displayed any particular skills that suggested giving him the job was a good idea in the first place. We were accepting relegation before we started, which is a big part of why this season has just been completely and utterly 'meh' from start to finish. Honestly couldn't give less a shit when relegation finally comes because it's been a nailed-on certainty since last August.

Highs: 2022. I honestly thought we were going down in early December, but we've had a great 2022 to give us a solid chance of top 6.

Lows: Ricki fucking Lamie. We've been fortunate in ex-players not coming back to haunt us too often in the past few years, but that goal is going to fester.