Dog Kills Man

14 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Pictures or get to f**k.

Aplenty of 2 week benders on these shores without heading to Jockostan. Knowing my luck I'd end up in Alloa with a big bearded moose of girl/man.

etd Mozza, there called ladyboys now, get back to the 70's ffs

@BTFD, looks like you've got yourself a date!

17 hours ago, Raven said:

Possibly one for the unpopular opinions thread, but I'm all for making the owners responsible for what their 'pets' do.

I'll take responsibility for beheading starling chicks and shiting in the neighbours rose bed but i'll not be held responsible for scratching the couch. The wife would kill me. 

19 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

More than willing to be held responsible for what my dog does, if you lot are held accountable for what your children do.

That's great, but take the 'if' out of it.

Was walking to the shop this morning. A woman was walking her dog on the field. We nodded. Then she shouted stuff at me. Eventually I realised she was shouting "Are those dogs yours?" 

Looked round to see a pair of puppies following me. Wee yapping things. 

Long story short, we tracked down the owner. The dogs had escaped from an open door and latched on to me. 

I'm lucky to have survived. 

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Was walking to the shop this morning. A woman was walking her dog on the field. We nodded. Then she shouted stuff at me. Eventually I realised she was shouting "Are those dogs yours?" 

Looked round to see a pair of puppies

that's me, no need to read any more

giphy.gif.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent investigation by the valuable Bully Watch.

XL Bully dogs are being bred from fighting dogs in the 1980s. It’s not just some rogue breeder either - the head of the UK Bully Kennel club has bred dogs from these fighting studs!

Billy watch are worth a follow, although they tweet some graphic images of bully attacks on other animals so be warned if you love animals.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Excellent investigation by the valuable Bully Watch.

XL Bully dogs are being bred from fighting dogs in the 1980s. It’s not just some rogue breeder either - the head of the UK Bully Kennel club has bred dogs from these fighting studs!

Billy watch are worth a follow, although they tweet some graphic images of bully attacks on other animals so be warned if you love animals.

No prizes for guessing their big team.

Edited by Rizzo

Saw a lassie getting bit by one in a pub recently. Wasn't exactly a headline story although she did end up getting a few stitches. Scared the crap out of her though. My idiot mate had just petted it (the dog, for clarity) a few minutes before. The owner got it out of there sharpish although I suspect it wouldn't be hard to track him down.

Five year old girl suffers severe facial injuries following a dog attack in County Durham.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/aug/13/five-year-old-girl-suffers-facial-injuries-during-dog-attack-in-county-durham

Reports that most of the girls cheek was bitten off by a bully type animal, whose owner was standing right there. Hopefully the child recovers and her injuries aren’t too bad.

12 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Perfect pets or dangerous dogs? The sudden, surprising rise of American bully XLs | Dogs | The Guardian

I'd no more have one of these things than I would leave a loaded revolver on my coffee table when the kids are playing

Daren and his two bully XLs, Elvis (left) and Priscilla.

“They’re just beautiful dogs,” Daren says. “They are a big, strong, muscular dog … so powerful. It has got to the point now where they’re trying to ban the breed and everyone’s thinking: ‘Oh no, you’ve got an XL bully – that dog is an absolute lunatic.’ But I would be more frightened of my dogs licking you to death.”

He does, however, admit that the strength and size of the bully XL mean owners have to be particularly good at training them. “You get snappy jack russells or you get snappy chihuahuas, but if one of them bites or nips you, you are not actually going to be in trouble. If one of these gets hold of you, you’re going to be in trouble.”

68 kilos those dogs weigh. Each. That's more than me.

I know I’m labouring this point having posted about it before but whenever you read about the “UK Bully XL Kennel Club” group quoted in that article, the head of the group breeds Bully XLs from the bloodline of champion dog fighting pitbulls from the 1980s. 

The entire universe of these dogs in interlinked with cruelty, violence and criminality. Cruelty that affects the dogs themselves, with rampant ear cropping and inbreeding, alongside record numbers of abandoned dogs, when owners find they can’t cope with 68kg of muscle.