Just looking at how this groups setting up now.

I think everyone should beat Cowdenbeath (sorry Cowdenbeath fans we will lose to you Wednesday now I’ve said this don’t worry) so yesterday’s result big for us going into Wednesday. Coming out of that with 6 points would be a huge boost to trying to top the group

Edinburgh looking much better on paper now than they did when group was drawn so our two games v Airdrie and Edinburgh will be tough 

Good result and the subs in the 2nd half shifted the game in Arbroath's favour.
Won't be remembered as a classic encounter, but Fosu looked like he will be challenging for a place in the starting 11 this season and good to see Paterson score the winner.
A few more cup games will get the players up to maximum fitness and ready for the new season.
Neither keepers had much to do - both teams hit the work and The Saints had a shot headed off the line, but overall Arbroath were worthy winners - they fought for every ball and in the last minutes could have scored a 2nd.

What a result! Suddenly I’ve gone from “we desperately need some great signings” to “signings will be the icing on the cake.” I’m so shallow.
I couldn’t watch as I had a friend’s big birthday bash.
How did Shanks do against a PL defence? Is Paterson looking like we should keep him this season? Will Jacobs be a good replacement for wee Hammy? It would be great if Fosu is a success.

3 hours ago, stan3600 said:

What a result! Suddenly I’ve gone from “we desperately need some great signings” to “signings will be the icing on the cake.” I’m so shallow.
I couldn’t watch as I had a friend’s big birthday bash.
How did Shanks do against a PL defence? Is Paterson looking like we should keep him this season? Will Jacobs be a good replacement for wee Hammy? It would be great if Fosu is a success.

I thought Shanks looked very good considering it’s his first ever game at this level and he was against Shaughnessy and Gallagher. He looked physical, quite quick and made some clever decisions. Highlight was a good run in first half down the wing, took it on a wee run, cut inside and I was sure he was going to have a shot but he played it to Stewart on the right who was in a better position and he cracked it off the post. Hilson actually done well when he come on too. He is just great at being a nuisance and not much more but there’s a place for him in the squad

Personally would like to see Paterson get a chance but I think he will be loaned out 6 months hopefully into L1 this time. Was tidy and took his goal well considering it was dropping over a St Mirren player shoulder 

Jacobs seemed tough tackling. He was flying into challenges yesterday. Actually think St Mirren forward players couldn’t cope with the physicality of us at times. ToB/Hammy/Little/Jacobs and McKenna all firing into challenges. He tired second half before coming off but had a good first half showing. Realistically he should be a better player than Hammy going by his career and experience. Just need to get him back playing every week. Gold also played well and so did Craigen so there’s options there for someone next to Nicky in middle of park 

Fosu was fine. It’s all he needed to be. I was really unsure on him before yesterday but after yesterday’s game I’m more optimistic and think that giving 6 months is a good move 

I wouldn't be putting any pies on for the away fans at the Excelsior tomorrow, there's still seats available on the supporters' tandem 

If they want to call themselves FC Edinburgh you should just tell them "you'll have had your tea"

Just looking at how this groups setting up now.

I think everyone should beat Cowdenbeath (sorry Cowdenbeath fans we will lose to you Wednesday now I’ve said this don’t worry) so yesterday’s result big for us going into Wednesday. Coming out of that with 6 points would be a huge boost to trying to top the group

Edinburgh looking much better on paper now than they did when group was drawn so our two games v Airdrie and Edinburgh will be tough 

You won’t lose to Cowden. How times have changed.

Not having a stream when they only have a 500 capacity. Honestly get doon 

Tough game tomorrow though. I think Fontaine and McDonald are really good signings: you’d have to fancy us though and that would put us in a really strong position to win the group. Even a draw or 2 points wouldn’t be the end of the world 

Imagine DC will change it up again though 

Edited by 1320Lichtie