EPL 2022/23

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Seen the penalty KDB got today.... Highly dubious for me. Struggling to see any contact at all on the replay I seen and even then.... A foul? Not for me Clive/Nigel/Jeff

It's soft but there's a definite kick to the back of the ankle. Letter of the law says it's a penalty.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Peak Barclays at Elland Road today. Brilliant game going by the highlights.

Superb commentary from Vicki Sparks as well - let the game do the talking.

Lucky you. It's Crocker on the Youtube highlights. Just his usual "oh wow!" "This is magnificent, this is huge, this is Elland Road!" An absolute embarrassment.

The Elland Road crowd are excellent though. Seems like a crowd of proper supporters. 

44 minutes ago, velo army said:

Lucky you. It's Crocker on the Youtube highlights. Just his usual "oh wow!" "This is magnificent, this is huge, this is Elland Road!" An absolute embarrassment.

The Elland Road crowd are excellent though. Seems like a crowd of proper supporters. 

Yeah, that doesn't sound nearly as good. Crocker, along with a few others, are so cliche ridden it ruins it.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
That was some hit by Adams there. Would've been a beauty if that had gone in. 
It didn't though and goes down as a good chance missed. 

And punished, quite comprehensively.

Indeed. Could, probably should, have been 1-1 and 5 minutes late it's 3-0 instead. 

Howe has done a much better job at Newcastle than I thought he would. 

Indeed. Could, probably should, have been 1-1 and 5 minutes late it's 3-0 instead. 
Howe has done a much better job at Newcastle than I thought he would. 
Yep, I wasn't surprised he kept them up last season, but I wasn't even sure that they would trust him this season with money to spend. Expected him to be binned in the summer to be replaced by a big name. Almiron looks like a different player this season.