EPL 2022/23

Just caught up with the Spurs second half. My goodness, what utter joy seeing Harry Kane dive yet again with the tortured face as he goes down, and then his trademark grabbing of an ankle (even if there was zero meaningful contact), and the ref making the right call, and give him f**k all.

Then “never-shuts-up Lucy” chips in saying “you would normally expect a foul there”. Oh really?

I love that the English now pin everything on their diving Captain, and the weakest player in the Man City team as their “world class” duo. Sancho is no longer the flavour of the month, and God help Bellingham if he signs for an English club…..give him 6 games, and they will claim him to be better than Maradona ever was.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

“Steady Eddy” Casemiro with an overhead kick to put Man Utd ahead.

There was a poster on here saying McTominay was a better player than him. 

Anyway, Arsenal 1-0 down away to Nottingham Forest. What a giggle.

Of the teams that were in the relegation scrap, Forest are the only ones who actually showed the fight needed to stay up.  Kudos to them

Now it's down to 3 shit teams to battle it out to be slightly less shit that 2 others

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Everton's tactics of hoping to be slightly less shit than 3 other teams is going right to the wire.

I reckon Leeds beat (a cigars out) West Ham tomorrow, putting Everton in the bottom 3 at the start of the final day. 

Newcastle to condemn Leicester on Monday. 

7 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Good to see Forrest staying up after deciding to stick with Cooper. Any of the three left going down would be a decent result. 

Arsenal going full Spud and finishing 10 points behind city is just very funny.

Arsenal's great revival giving us the clearest title win in a few seasons.....

27 minutes ago, The Master said:

I reckon Leeds beat (a cigars out) West Ham tomorrow, putting Everton in the bottom 3 at the start of the final day. 

Newcastle to condemn Leicester on Monday. 

I can see West Ham playing a second string team tomorrow. Won't be much difference in prize money between 13th to 16th, a chance to win a European trophy with a place in next season's Europa league is much more appealing. 

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Of the teams that were in the relegation scrap, Forest are the only ones who actually showed the fight needed to stay up.  Kudos to them

Now it's down to 3 shit teams to battle it out to be slightly less shit that 2 others

The fans kept behind the manager and the team, and the owner didn't fire the manager twice or three times. That made the difference.