EPL 2022/23

6 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I meant to tag you in a bet yesterday I seen but tweets don't embed. 

Loads of guys had it on, biggest stake I seen was £25 and he won £14k.

Me? I went to the shop and put two lines on the lottery and bought a vape rather than put £10 on it. 🤝

What was it that came in? It was 17/20 In epl and 15/18 in bundesliga. La liga nowhere near it at half time  

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

They'll no doubt be doing it all over again this time next season. 

The new Sunderland, they’ll do just enough year after year before going  down, forgotten about apart from FA cups draws where everyone talks about their great history 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Hopefully Everton sit deeper and deeper as time goes by and Bournemouth can scramble a late goal from somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The Pickford calamity coming in the 90th minute would be tremendous. Make it so. 

How disappointing for you.

Pleased that Villa are in Europe for the first time since the 2011-12 Season.

But did think if not us, let it be Brentford. 

Tottenham have been gash all season and were only in contention due to continuous dodgy decisions, mostly involving Kane chucking himself in the area.

I know they won but the Leicester players bringing their weans into the pitch ahead of a relegation decider like it’s a testimonial was verging on minter territory.

The sort of thing I would enjoy hearing Roy Keane’s thoughts on.

16 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

My TOTY:

Nick Pope

Ben White - Dan Burn - Ben Mee - Luke Shaw

James Maddison - Sean Longstaff - Jack Grealish

Erling Haaland - Harry Kane - Ollie Watkins

My POTY:

Harry Kane

Wow!

Pope is a good shout.

Think Trippier has been the best RB by a mile, although White has had a good season.

Dan Burn played LB all season and he's in at CB ahead of Saliba, Dias, Dunk etc?? Quite like picking Mee though, very underrated.

No de Bruyne, Rodri, Saka, Odegaard, Casemiro, Bruno Fernandes or Bruno Guiameres? 

Maddison was very good before the WC but clearly his head was out the game when he didn't get the move to Newcastle in Jan. 

Watkins was tremendous after the WC but had only scored three league goals by mid-January.

I think Kane is absolutely brilliant and without him Spurs would be lower mid-table...but Haaland just has to be POTY surely?

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Wow!

Pope is a good shout.

Think Trippier has been the best RB by a mile, although White has had a good season.

Dan Burn played LB all season and he's in at CB ahead of Saliba, Dias, Dunk etc?? Quite like picking Mee though, very underrated.

No de Bruyne, Rodri, Saka, Odegaard, Casemiro, Bruno Fernandes or Bruno Guiameres? 

Maddison was very good before the WC but clearly his head was out the game when he didn't get the move to Newcastle in Jan. 

Watkins was tremendous after the WC but had only scored three league goals by mid-January.

I think Kane is absolutely brilliant and without him Spurs would be lower mid-table...but Haaland just has to be POTY surely?

Some decent shouts, to be fair. Dunk should definitely be in contention and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Guardiola tests Brighton's resolve with a sizeable bid over the coming months.

I did think about the likes of de Bruyne, Rodri and Casemiro, and they all have some valuable attributes, but Sean Longstaff is the best midfielder in the country for my money. 

The EPL will be disappointed with a bit of a shocker of a final day tbh, whilst the Bundesliga was banging with final day title drama the Barclays served up a meek relegation battle involving a gaggle of absolutely shite teams.

Even Europe was decided before last game week.

5 in 6 of the last champions have been Man City, it's not any more competitive than the French or Scottish leagues - and far off real genuine competition like La Liga or Serie A.

Myths being bust all over the place, EPL fanboys crying into their James Madison pajamas.