EPL 2022/23

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Martinelli has just blown it there. Easy pass. 

Aye, bowfin pass considering the space he had.

Liverpool deserved at least a point after that 2nd half though.

Edited by captainkev

Tyler and Carragher were really amping up the #Barclays propaganda there. It was an enjoyable game to watch but the way they were going on you would think it was the best game that’s ever happened. An 86th minute equaliser in an ill tempered game happens in every league on the planet, at every level of the game. They really go out their way to try and convince the viewers that these sort of occurrences are unique to the English Premier League. 

The presenter in the studio carried it on by saying ‘well that had everything didn’t it? Goals, drama’. :lol: Most game have goals and drama. Goals and drama are the reason that people enjoy watching football, but you wouldn’t describe the game as having ‘everything’. 

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Man City - Arsenal is going to be EPIC.

This is bigger than the World Cup final.

I kind of hope City go nuts, are 4-0 up inside 20 mins and the game is totally over as a contest with a 70 minute training session to follow 

12 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Tyler hit a new low for me when referring to Trent's creativity as "Route number 66".

Awful, awful stuff.

He also made an elbow joke about a minute after Carragher made a much better one. To my joy no-one laughed or even acknowledged him 

18 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Tyler hit a new low for me when referring to Trent's creativity as "Route number 66".

Awful, awful stuff.

He’s an absolute cringe machine these days. f**k knows how he hasn’t been retired yet.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

In defence of the linesman, if Robertson wasn't the Scotland captain then he would almost certainly be competing with Fernandes for my most disliked player in the league. 

When did he start being such a dislikable presence on the pitch?  I realise it’s been a mediocre season by his standards, but he’s developing a faux hard man act. 

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

That’s between 2 players and it’s a nothing incident,  will be blown all out of proportion but the lino has just shrugged someone off who has grabbed him from behind.  Media storm incoming that will result in at least a demotion for the lino unfortunately 

Keane’s right.  Robertson need to quit whining. 

2 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Agree with this and hopefully Robertson in the cold light of day sticks up for him. Will get extra media attention I suspect after the Mitrovic incident but not remotely comparable and tbh would suit Robertson too if its just left to lie.

The linesman did nothing wrong.  Robertson can’t really do that, even though it amounted to very little.  A complete non story - or should be. 

The EPL has a real problem, and it continues to baffle me that they aren't addressing it, with player conduct around the officials. 

Honestly, this should absolutely not be a tough nut to crack. Lets see a few red cards for the crowding round and see how long it lasts. 

54 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

When did he start being such a dislikable presence on the pitch?  I realise it’s been a mediocre season by his standards, but he’s developing a faux hard man act. 

When he signed for Liverpool. Been at it years now 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The EPL has a real problem, and it continues to baffle me that they aren't addressing it, with player conduct around the officials. 

Honestly, this should absolutely not be a tough nut to crack. Lets see a few red cards for the crowding round and see how long it lasts. 

One game