EPL 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Arsenal still don’t look great tbh, a better team than Chelsea would have caught them in that second half. Can see Newcastle getting something off them.

Yeah I thought they were poor second half. If you were to be generous you could say it was complacency but I think Newcastle will beat them by a couple. 

6 defeats in a row for Frank. How long until the mulleted yank bins him and we get to suffer yet another round of screeching from the pundits about are English managers not getting a proper chance these days? 

5 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Arsenal still don’t look great tbh, a better team than Chelsea would have caught them in that second half. Can see Newcastle getting something off them.

Newcastle have plenty of attacking power.  Add to that their height advantage and Trippiers delivery at set pieces.  Expect them to win by a few.

41 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Zinchenko is a Rangers standard full back defensively - woeful. 

the thing is...he's actually an attacking midfielder. Pep played him at full back because he fit the man city system of the full backs coming narrow and pushing into midfield. Playing him as a traditional full back is asking for trouble when he has to defend. He plays his natural position for his country and absolutely ran the world cup playoff against us

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

the thing is...he's actually an attacking midfielder. Pep played him at full back because he fit the man city system of the full backs coming narrow and pushing into midfield. Playing him as a traditional full back is asking for trouble when he has to defend. He plays his natural position for his country and absolutely ran the world cup playoff against us

I knew he was originally a central midfielder, though didn’t realise Pep was the first to play him at full back. 

He is undoubtedly a fantastic technical footballer - it would be interesting to see him actually playing in central midfield for Arsenal. 

9 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I knew he was originally a central midfielder, though didn’t realise Pep was the first to play him at full back. 

He is undoubtedly a fantastic technical footballer - it would be interesting to see him actually playing in central midfield for Arsenal. 

It's like Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool in that Arteta clearly thinks that the control Zinchenko brings as an inverted full-back, as well as the penetration that it brings by freeing up Xhaka, far outweighs the greater defensive solidity that they'd have by playing Tierney at LB. Zinchenko could pick up similar positions to what he does now if he played in midfield, but I think the drifting from full-back makes it harder to be picked up. 

Had they not sacked Tuchel, you'd imagine Chelsea would probably be having a season similar to Liverpool or even Spurs, although perhaps with less Spursy moments. Not quite Champions League, but less than 10 points away from it. 

As much as I am enjoying the misery of 'Frank', it's pretty clear the players have chucked it. I don't think the management is the only reason for this either - maybe it's the c**t owner. 

Still, Frank knows the club. Best man for the job. 

Edited by Michael W

15 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Can't wait for a team trying to escape relegation sacking their manager with 1 game left. 

I think Sky should arrange for Nigel Pearson, Phil Brown and Gary Megson to be provided with helicopters on the last day of the season, ready to step in as emergency boss at some relegation strugglers with twenty minutes to go.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa