EPL 2022/23

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

Could Haaland do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke, though? 

He was born in Leeds, so I don't see why not? 🤣

28 minutes ago, jagfox said:

He was born in Leeds, so I don't see why not? 🤣

Not to mention he grew up in Norway, which according to credible sources can get pretty cold at times lol

Either way, Haaland is incredible, one of the best natural goalscorers we've seen since probably R9

Allardyce will play up to his image a bit, he's far more adaptable and intelligent than many he's been compared to (your genuine thickos/psychopaths like Redknapp, Pardew or Pearson).

Still a big step down from even the likes of Roy Hodgson, never mind the actual best managers in the world.

Damning indictment of the English coaching system that he became national team manager - along with all the other zeros they have had since Sven.

If Arsenal had won the 2 games they were winning 2-0 v West Ham/Liverpool they would still be behind on goal difference assuming Man City win their game in hand which they almost certainly will. I’m still not calling it an arse collapse. 

18 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think the above post is genuinely the first time I have learned the name of the current Southampton manager. I will forget it in the next five minutes. I still couldn't tell you the name of the Spanish lad who was managing Leeds before Allardyce either despite reading it earlier today. 

I had to google it. At least Big Sam is box office.

Edited by s_dog

2 hours ago, throbber said:

If Arsenal had won the 2 games they were winning 2-0 v West Ham/Liverpool they would still be behind on goal difference assuming Man City win their game in hand which they almost certainly will. I’m still not calling it an arse collapse. 

A draw at home to bottom club Southampton didn’t help either. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Posted about their financial state in the Everton thread on here earlier in the week. Seem to be in a complete mess. That new stadium is about three months behind schedule. If they do drop, be interesting to see if they go the way of Sunderland/Portsmouth etc. Evidently been living way beyond their means for a long time. 

Heard last night that City have now scored 1000 goals under Guardiola, he's been in charge for 404 games.

20 minutes ago, Crow said:

A draw at home to bottom club Southampton didn’t help either. 

If they had won those 3 games and went on to draw at Newcastle this weekend they would still miss out on goal difference if city won the rest of their games.